my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iambuzn, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I'm a soil grower myself, but I can't help but notice there's a lot of green in your reservoir(?). If that's algae, you'll need to take care of that ASAP because that's where your nutes are going, not to the plants. I may just be fundamentally misunderstanding the hydro process though, and I'm sorry if I am.

2. #22 MIDLIFE, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    A; you only get out what you put in.
    B; read the sticky's
    C; read the sticky's
    D; neverland must have a hydro shop
    E; bigger pots = more roots = more POT.

3. Yeah i know, i clean the bucket every 2 weeks, i couldnt do it cause my sibilings are on break this week so they'll be asking whats that bucket for etc.

4. Thank you!!! I found a hydroponic store near me, if there was rep on here i would rep you lol

5. Okay, so lets say this, i get paid next week i go buy (2) 3 gallon pots, and go to this hydroponic store what kind of nutrients should i buy? And how much you think its guna cost me?

6. Well the hydroponic system is now broke down, the plant turned out to be a male. I swore it had hairs but i was wrong ;(

Here is my only plant now who IS a female :)
    (day 72)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. when you get to the hydro shop have a look at what they have but don't get fooled with all the adatives just get base nutes either 2 part like flora duo or 3 part grow/micro/bloom,
    and ask in your hydro shop about tubeing & elbows/T ,growrox, waterpump150/200gph max for a r-dwc setup..

R-DWC systems are easy to make yourself.
    look in the DIY thread section for budslingers/rumpelforskins info well worth a READ !!
    Middy

8. Hmm. What can I say that others haven't said already?

I'm not sure that I would focus so much on what kind of seeds are best for growing. You're never going to get the 'best' seeds. IMHO

I've found that even with crappy, no idea where they came from seeds, I can get good results when I use good nutrients like Advanced Nutrients. Or maybe I'm just an awesome grower. LOL

But seriously, make sure you're growing right and that you know how to grow instead of worrying so much about the 'best' seeds to get. Technique can make up for a lot of crappy genetics.

Not all the time, true, but you need to remember that technique does matter.

9. Well i hit the lowes up today, bought bigger pots, some organic pot soil, vermilite, and the closest thing i could find for nutrients was schultz 10-15-10 plant food plus micronutrients, i read on a few threads that this stuff works okay (still not as good as the 2-part or 3-part stuff but the hydroshop near me is closed down)

I transplanted my flowering plant to a big pot, and i started my northern lights #5 in the other one so... I'll get back to everyone when i screw up or got some pics :) please comment and give feedback.

10. good luck , keep us up to speed with your progress dude.
    Middy

11. Here is a pic of it in the new pot i transplanted it into, hope i didnt shock it too bad since its in flowering pretty plant i think wish i had the lights i have now in the beginning
    [​IMG]

12. Is there anything i can still do too it i kind of failed at lsting it cause of the small pot it was in

13. Here is a nice pic of the cola
    [​IMG]

14. I would go easy on it a couple day,to recover from transplant shock,keep it watered.Then it should take off.

15. [​IMG]

My northern lights #5 and the clone i made of it, seems my second grow is better, i got new lights a 4ft fluro and a 1000w street light that aint hooked up yet i need some instruction.

Any thoughts?

16. #36 greenshaman, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    For future grows of yours, I suggest you DO NOT transplant during the flowering period, but if you truly need to trasnplant, do it very early, don't do it after week 2 of flowering. It can cause your plant to hermie and stress it which can also reduce your yield and quality, transplanting during flower isn't really good because when you switch to flowering the plant starts to focus it's energy above the soil, so the transplant won't really create new roots, instead leave you with rootless soil

also do you have some sort of fan giving them a cool breeze? Those stems and branches look weak and when your plants start to pack on bud they will begin to lean

17. well i feel i flowered to early with my first plant, and with the northern lights im gunna stack up a collection of clones before i start flowering any of em

18. [​IMG]

Burned the leaves by accident

19. Im buying a new light off craigslist a 400w Digital Hps/Mh for 125 bucks i think thats a decent deal dont you think?

20. Its a decent deal if, its a digital ballast,which it prolly is with both mh and hps bulbs...A new 400w digital mh/hps system is $145 deliverd thru ama-zon....i recently got one..gl on yr deal..i hope it does well..