My First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lindberg711, Aug 14, 2011.

1. [quote name='"lindberg711"']Thanks guys. I think I will probably switch to 12/12 soon. The interesting thing is, I haven't even been using nutes. I have an organic mix.[/quote]
    How much time did you give your soil to break down before you planted?

2. First day of 12/12!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. She's already stretching, I bet she doubles in size. Make sure you have enough room for this you don't want your cola to burn. Also look at the picture you uploaded see how the bottom leafs don't get much light, they would benefit a lot with more direct light. Watch where your new shoots come out and trim the fan leafs that block the light from getting to those bottom buds.

4. So stoked. 2nd day of flowering and the pistols are already visible! I trimmed the bottom fan leaves and put tin foil back to get light on the little guys. Can't wait to see this thing grow! I am going to do some more trimming soon.

Attached Files:

5. You should pinch the top of that lady she will blow up.

6. What do you mean?

7. The very top growing shoot should be lightly pinched. This will force those lower branches out almost like topping it. I know this sound intimidating but its simple. If you want to see it for yourself I'm sure there is a thread here or a video on YouTube?

8. Dude I'm soooo jealous. We go into flower on Thursday. Wooohooo Rock On Lindberg!!!!

9. Update:

Attached Files:

10. Howdy Lindberg, is this the same plant in the pic you posted on the 30th?

She looks good my friend, her color is perfect.

11. Yes it is. Trimmed her up quite a bit.

12. Yes you did, but she looks awesome. I've been doing mine a little at a time. I have the Sativa's trimmed up and I'm working on the the other ladies. More work on those gals.

13. I try to trim upwards like a staircase one fan leaf from each node in a spiral.

14. Hmmm, I'll try that once. It makes sense to me...LOL. Did you read that somewhere or come up with it yourself? That's brilliant.

15. Ok I looked at my plants and there are so many stems and branches inside...OMG!

16. #96 purplesage, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
    It was an experiment to see if I left one fan leaf on each node, which side would do better. Conclusion that the side with the leaf did grow faster, but by doing this the other side got more light because 2 nodes up the fan leaf was removed. At first trim the shoot does stunt for a day or two but then catches up.

17. Hey lind,
    I think your plant looks great, but your light is way too far away at this time. Your not getting much light to those lower branches. Imo you should just remove all the wasted leaf that's below your first 7 leafer( the one in the front of the picture). This isn't going to produce much and you can use that energy on your top colas. I think that if you remove the top fan leaf that's on the front of your picture and tied the top to your basket (away from the camera) just enough so that you can see light on your lateral branches. Then move your light about 6 inches away from the top, you will see a major change in how much light makes it to the actual bud sites. With Cfls you can almost touch the plant without getting burns, but I've never used a 125w before. Just my opinion PEACE

18. I tried your way but got totally lost inside the bush....LOL. But I found a 10 petal leaf on one of my plants. I'm going to post tonight in our second grow journal. Have you ever seen a 10 petal leaf? I haven't...it's hugemous!

19. [quote name='"harleygrower61"']I tried your way but got totally lost inside the bush....LOL. But I found a 10 petal leaf on one of my plants. I'm going to post tonight in our second grow journal. Have you ever seen a 10 petal leaf? I haven't...it's hugemous![/quote]

Usually they are in odd numbers and go 1,3,5,7,9, then they usually start back down 9,7,5 but I love pictures. I have had webbed leafs leafs that spiral.

20. Hey Lindberg, when are you posting more pics in flower? We're finishing up week 1 of flower tomorrow, I'm going to post pics.