My First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by skiballer, May 28, 2010.

1. Day 41: Plants are doing A ok. Plant 3 looks like it has been chomped on a bit so im considering moving it to a new location tomorrow. Its hot as hell right now reaching the hottest its ever been this summer at 104. I watered them cus the ground was bone dry even though I gave them a good watering yesterday, I figured the rate of evaporation has increased. Its hazy out but the sun still gets thru good enough. I'll say the plants are around 2 feet tall for two of them and the other one is alittle smaller. I'll post some pictures up on Friday for the weekly pic update. Smoked 3 bowls so far today.

2. just wanted to say hello :wave: and say congrats on a great start to your first grow. I personally dont ever tie my plants down or use anything to stabilize them because I want them strong. Youd be surprised how much a wind and rain a mj plant can take. If ur plants lean over just give it some nice water and ferts and within a few days it shoudl be standing up taller and stronger than ever. cheers ill be watching, heres some rep too

3. Thanks, i tied them down when they were 8 inches tall cus of heavy rain I get in thunderstorms, they were actually knocked down but have gone on to recover quickly. I mainly do it now just to clear my conscence. They are all pretty strong now and have done well in a thunderstorm while they were bigger. Im not using any ferts, Im basically going all natural with sun, water, and soil. Thanks for following my first grow!! :hello:

4. well with no ferts you arent gunna get very great bud

5. Haha I guess we will find out. At least the soil had nutrients in it.

6. thats not true. The yield and quality may be less but good soil and enough water and sun will still produce a very nice smoke. This is speaking from experience My pot last year was wayyyy better than i thought it was going to be. just kill all the males and ull have some nice fresh seedless sticky bud!

7. Thats what im hoping for! I just dont have the money to spend on ferts, hell im flat broke right now!! But i will keep the males if there are any cus I just want the practice of growing a mature marijuana plant but I will move it far enough away from the females cus i want that seedless sticky icky

8. Day 42: Plants are good im too blazed to to continue.

9. Day 43: Plants are still goin. Hot and hazy today reaching 95. Havent had any rain so far in July but there is a good chance of thunderstorms tomorrow. Watered the ganja again today. Well today is Friday so here are the pics along with other observations...

Plants receive direct sunlight from 12pm-6pm (estimate)

Plant 1 is 25 in tall & 14 in wide
    Plant 2 is 18 in tall & 10 in wide
    Plant 3 is 26 in tall & 12 in wide

Plant 1
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Plant 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. the last plant seems to have some nitrogen dif maybe

11. Are you basing that from that bottom set of leaves? Im thinking its not getting sun down there..but if so I might look into some sort of ferts..

12. yes that is my basis of saying the nitrogen dif, you start seeing leaves that are yellow and its from lack of nitrogen

13. The thing is all 3 plants have the same soil...I can test both of our theories by moving it to where the other 2 plants are to find out..but im not too concerned cus the very bottom set of each plant did the same thing..as long as it doesnt spread to the mid and top sets of leaves i wont change anything...idk, i might sniff around for some ferts if its convenient

thanks for your input man, u seem like the only one following my grow haha

14. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! A big storm is hitting right now...rain is coming down HARD...plus its a bit windy, i cant tell but i can hear the rain come down in sheets..this storm is unnecessary, i already watered my plants..

15. Day 44: Plants survived the monster thunderstorm in flying colors. Nobody was out at the lake so I got to check them on a Saturday. What Im noticing now is that new stems and leaves are filling out those nodes, especially in Plant 3, its really filling out nicely. Im having mild concerns about some of the bottom leaves fading yellow on that plant so Im looking for some fertilizers...I went digging in my garage to find I have a plethra of Miracle Grow Plant Food and Flower Booster to choose from. Ive heard the Miracle Grow Soil is not to good for growing ganja..But this is plant food, and it has the Nitrogen, Potassium, and another key nutrient that I cant remember. I want to do a test run and apply a average dose on Monday but I want to get some feedback first..Should I go with the Miracle Gow Plant Food?

16. MG nutes are just reallly strong thats the thing, so use a very diluted solution of it. use both the flower booster and plant food. more food than flower for veg, then when in flower mode more flower than plant food.

Hope that helps, also my plant is showin the same very pale yellow leaves :(
    but shes only 20days old and was in MG Organic Choice. Now in some cheap potting soil and compost and perlite.

Let me know if the nutes you give your plants improve that yellowin bullshit and ill prob throw some of my Botanicare grow formula in on my plant :)

17. Thanks for the input...Im just too much of a noob to be messin with that stuff..I consulted a guy who I work with who happens to grow massive amounts told me that if it doesnt spread to the other leaves then not to worry about it, he also told me, being a first time grower, if I use nutes it could open up the possibility of starting other problems...Sooo I think im going to use the wait and see approach for now unless the problem persists and spreads to other leaves...and another factor in my decision is that i only have 3 plants so if I fuck up one, that greatly declines my chances of having a female...my goal for this grow is to have something that i can smoke, it doesnt have to be great..

18. Day 46: Plants are still growin. Cloudy day with storms and the forcast isnt too pretty because of partly to mostly cloudy days with an increased chance of thunderstorms..I WANT THAT SUNLIGHT!! I dont want these next 10 days with shorter sunlight due to clouds to make the plants to start flowering cus I still have 6 weeks of vegging..hopefully it will work out..I noticed plant 3 was alittle more chomped on by some bugs so Im thinkin of a relocation and maybe some watered down ferts as well..who knows...at the end of the grow I just want a smokable crop and use the knowledge of this grow to make next years even better..anywho, hope all is well with u guys and ladies on GC..enjoy life

19. Well dude, I think I need to take your advice because since those pictures ive posted those yellow leaves withered away and now the leaves above them are fading yellow...either today or tomorrow im going to add those ferts. I'll make sure they are diluted enough so they wont overpower the plant..Im going to test it on plant 3 first and if I get positive results I will spread the love to the other plants..I would do the work today but my dad is home and there is no reason to be messin with ferts while he is home..How is your plant(s) doing?