My First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by skiballer, May 28, 2010.

1. Day 32: Plants are doing well. I moved 2 of them to a better sunlight spot. I watered them this morning.

Question of the Day: What causes holes in leaves? And how can I prevent this?

2. pretty sure its slugs man

3. Ya man, ive been doing some research and that seems to be the cause..Im looking into some organic homemade spray concoctions to defeat those little fuckers..the good thing is that that is the only problem my plants are facing..i'll let u kno how it goes

4. Day 33: Same ol same ol. Plants are growin and shit, had a thunderstorm last night but the plants were good..I checked the leaves and saw no pests of any kind but I have narrowed the cause down to catapillars, but I have yet to see them to confirm my guess...anywho, pics will be up this friday...

I am gettin some bud tomorrow

5. dude i have bud like everyday lol

6. I just ran out cus I got a new job so money has been tight..but im gettin paid tomorrow..we are stoners, its our duty to have bud everyday..

7. understandable man

8. Day 34: Its all good

9. Day 35: All 3 are looking great, no new holes in any of the leaves. They are all having new leaves grow out of the nodes, but one is slightly ahead of the others. Cool day today, freakishly cool, it only got to 82 and it was like that yesterday after countless days at or near 100 degrees. Its been mostly cloudy during this 2 day cool streak. Tomorrow I plan on watering them and taking some pictures, and readjusting my ties around them.

And on a sidenote I picked up a quarter of some seedless mids for 40.

10. was it bomb?
    usually its called pre chronic

11. Nah man, its not dank but it has a good earthy smell and its a more fresh green, but it doesnt have that aroma that the good stuff has..but so far it has been seedless and it gets me stoned so i wont complain for 40 a quarter..plus i got smoked up from my guy right when i bought it :D

Anywho dude, im posting some pics tomorrow

12. Day 36: Plants still lookin good, today was sunny and cool with it only reaching 85. I just watered them. The weekend is here so I wont get to see them till Monday.

Plant #2:[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Plant #2: [​IMG]

Plant #1: [​IMG]

Plant #3: A blurry pic of the leaves from the nodes
    [​IMG]

Plant #3:
    [​IMG]

Question: How do you transplant successfully?

13. Looking better, man did something munch that lower leave haha, the sunlight seemed to make a big difference. Did you snip that leave on the topmost right node?

14. Something has been smokin cus it was using my plants as its munchies..but I havent seen further damage in about a week and now they get sun for pretty much the whole day, I say from around to 11-7...And I havent clipped any of the branches or leaves, I dont feel like I would know what Im doing if I did. Im pretty much a super noob in terms of growing.

15. Day 39: 2 plants are doing great. But plant number 2 is wilting, I doubt its a watering problem but its not looking to good, im going to transplant it tomorrow if it doesnt show any response to the watering. Its kinda bullshit. The plant is in a pot that is kinda small and Im thinking thats the problem. Anywho, I'll take a picture of it tomorrow for GC. Anywho, the other 2 are in bigger pots and they are doing fine, leaves are popping out of the nodes big time now.

What is the best way to transplant?

16. Read that wilting can be caused by a number of things, the two most common is either over watering or under watering. When I transplanted my plants I used 1 milleter of Thrive Alive to 1 gallon of water and watered them after transplanting. I did the transplant at a time when they were due for a watering according to how dry the soil was.

17. I know the common causes for sure, I havent changed anything in my routine and it went from healthy to limpy, we will see if it is an under watering issue by tomorrow since I watered it today..I'll let you know

18. Day 40: All 3 plants are in great condition now. Plant number 2 was dried out cus it responded quickly to the watering. Its all good now. The weather conditions here have been HOT!! It reached 100 degrees today and is 98 right now and its just passed 5:30. Not a cloud in the sky and we have not received any rain so far in this month of July. I watered my plants today cus the soil was already dry so I soaked them pretty good. Tomorrow Im going to change the floss that I used as ties because they are getting too tight around the plants.

QUESTION: What kind of type do you think my plants are: Indica or Sativa?

19. id say its a indica/sativa
    maybe like a 55/45 or somthing close because the leaves a broad but still a lil thin compared to like a fatty leafed indica

20. Thanks for answering man, I was telling my buddy today when we checked them that there is no way its one or the other, definitly a hybrid but I dont know the percentage it has