My First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by skiballer, May 28, 2010.

1. Day 21: Plants look good..Its a pretty good feeling knowing that you have possibly hundreds of dollars growing outside..and did i forget to mention some damn good smoke...they are growing pretty fast and they are good on water from recent thunderstorms..im adding a tad bit more soil to my current 3 plants..and i have 2 big containers full of growing soil for my next to seeds im bout to germinate tomorrow, so my monday they should be ready to be planted..gotta lot of work i need to get done tomorrow but should be fun

2. damn ***** how many plants you tryna hide out there now?

3. I have 3 right now but im gonna plant 2 more either monday or tuesday...

Day 22: Plants lookin good..added some more soil..watered them..hopefully i wont get any more of those thunderstorms...

4. well good luck man!
    i got my lil baby sprout just now starting to explode with growth, and a plant from a friend thats starting to heal. grew with pretty big with like no nutrients but i got her some Botanicare Pro Grow :)

showing great results already, yellowing leaves at bottom already half green after about 24hrs of light!

5. Hope you keep all of us here at GC updated on your grow buddy

Day 23: I can't check on the Three Musketeers today because it's the weekend and people like to fish and hike around them..another hot day today at 94 degrees, in fact, today is the coolest day in the 10 day forcast...not much rain in the forcast either except for the occasional thunderstorm...so im watering them well once every two days..they are getting PLENTY of sunlight...and today I just started germinating 3 more seeds and picking the best looking two for my 2 big pots...

6. Day 25: FOUND MY CORD..I had it the whole time...anywho, temps have been HOT but I have been watering and securing my plants down so they will be strong enough to withstand these summer thunderstorms..im germinating 3 more and one has cracked thru so I might give it one more day...

7. #27 skiballer, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  8. Day 26: Plants looked good today, there were a few holes in the leaves but I assume thats just part of growing out doors naturally...temps reached 100 degrees, right on the dot..these pictures were from June 21...I plan on further securing my plants down using a cut of metal clothes hanger and floss to tie it down..it has been about a week now with no rain and there is not much in the forcast for the exception of an occasional thunderstorm...the plants are all on the 4th set leaves, each one looks the same as the other so far..the third pictures is the surroundings my plant is in, and as you can see it is very well hidden, there are thick waist high plants, ticks, thorn bushes guarding the plants..tell me what you think!!

9. Downsize pix dude but it looks good!

10. Thanks man, and how do I downsize the pics?

11. I use tinypic.com and an option before uploading is changing the size i always do Message board.

Hope the helps you man!

12. hi around here they fly over with helecopters. I would recomend that you camoflauge the pot or circle in the ground. these can be seen from overhead and sticks out like a pot plant. I google earthed my friends place and then I went to satalite view and guess what I seen, A bunch of circles in the ground with a green center. You may not notice if you are not looking for the right thing. But is was very obvious to me and him. so throw some sticks around to break up the circles and desturbed area.

13. right now i only have 3 plants growing..each plant is in its own spot..they are all extremely well hidden and even the pots themselves blend in..im not too worried about fly-overs..

14. Day 27: They are looking good, getting sun and today was the plants watering day..a few holes in the leaves but hey im its outside..it got to 98 today but i see some thunderstorms on the radar so they might get some extra water..alright, off to lifeguard

15. One way of downsizing your pics is to see what the size setting for pictures is set at on your camera, mine has that but mine must be set at a size that I dont have to downsize them before uploading. Someone mentioned one program for it and there are also a bunch of others, for when I post on stuff on craiglist I have to down size them but I use Pix Resizer a free program.

16. Day 28: They are looking good..Getting ALOT of sun...today reached a baking 99 degrees..Its hard to believe its been 4 weeks already, gone too far now for it to fail..

17. Day 29: Plants are doing fine. I tied them down again with more floss to secure them as they get taller. They got a good watering in today. Supposed to be hot these next 3 days then cool off into the low 90's to high 80's with a slight chance of thunderstorms. I took four pictures:

Plant #1: I kinda missed the top part it..
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Plant #2: As you can see there are a few holes in the leaves, but no big deal.
    [​IMG]

Plant #3: Its my favorite. The plant smells a bit skunky..
    [​IMG]

The whole view:
    [​IMG]

18. hi skiballer, you might try using rubberbands to tie your plant to the stake. This will expand as the stalk gets bigger. I have used twin and it gets imbeded in the stalk as the plant grow.

19. Will do buddy, that didnt even come to my mind. Thanks

20. Wasup, I havent been able to do any updates cus its the weekend so my spot is semi-busy with fisherman and other outdoorsmen. I havent watered them since Friday but we got some rain on the end of Saturday so its all good. Its been hot as hell here, today reached 100 and yesterday was 96, alot of sun on both days. Tomorrow I will give em some water and just look over them making sure they are all okay, I will post pictures once a week now on every Friday I am able. Cant wait to see them tomorrow, its been 3 days and keeping up with the progress is pretty sweet.