My First Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by fiLcone, Jul 17, 2004.

1. HIGH All, same here Duffy..our WB never gets past 5..it'd be too big for my room.

fiLcone your going to have to do something with your light leaks..when you put your Baby on 12/12 you'll want absolute darkness...and your little one is going to outgrow the container you have it in.

2. meh I guess I was wrong. Every single one of my new leaves are 9 fingers. They aren't that big though.

3. Hey all, Here's a couple new pics i decided to take before i start on 12/12 lighting. I plan on changing to 12/12 in about 3 days. I'll be able to arrange absolute darkness at that point. Till then, these are just a few pics of my baby.

as always help is gladly accepted, thanks ;)

Attached Files:

4. Here's more of a side view.....if u wanted to see the height

Attached Files:

5. BUDDING STARTS TODAY!!!

Hooray for weed

lets hope it's a girl....

Attached Files:

6. Well its been a week since i started budding, and im seeing a lot of smaller, 5-finger leaves. Hopefully its going well....anyone see signs of male/female??

Attached Files:

7. more pics....

Attached Files:

8. gettin high

Attached Files:

9. Ok well my day just got a whole lot better, took a look at my baby and im seein a bunch of white strands, ITS A GIRL! The strands are too small for my shit camera to focus in on so i'll try and have some sort of pictures soon. But for now I'd be glad to have any more tips on helping it bud, suggestions would be great and always appriciated.
    thanks all

10. Congratulations you have a girl :D Hope every thing turns out well for you and your plant.

11. Ok to help out the plant i decided to get a couple of compact-floros. I have one 24W and a 14W, but i only have one lamp to hold them, so for now I am using the 24W along with my 120W light. Is too much light bad while budding? Im not sure if I am over/under lighting at all....any help would be great! Thanks and keep tokin

12. Here's a pic of the compact flouro, It's a lot brighter than my large flouros and the light seems to be more of a "yellow" while the large flouros have a "white" light, is that just different type of bulbs??

Attached Files:

13. I also changed the set-up of my box, I moved the large flouros to the side (facing upright) so that the lower parts of the plant can get more light because it was lookin kinda sad down there. I now have the compact flouro on top. I've noticed a huge increase of smaller leaves on the lower part of the plant, and a lot more white strands.

The larger flouros are on the right, inside of the box. And the compact is above the box on the right. This picture makes the plant look a lot smaller, but its top leaves are about 4 inches from the compact.

Attached Files:

14. I also have been a bit concerned, the leaves are starting to droop again and im not sure why. I know beginner growers tend to overdo/underdo a lot when it comes to lighting, watering, etc... So before i make any drastic changes I was hoping i could get some thoughts on what im doing wrong. Any help would be great, thanks! :)

Attached Files:

15. nice work with the lighting. looks like a fine setup.

drooping becuase...

1) Underwatering will make it wilt.
    2)overwatering will make it droop.
    3)Possibley it may be root bound and need a bigger pot.

which would you say it most likley is from the above 3?

hope this helps a lil?>?

16. Here's the first pic of the buds I was able to get with my camera...i would have had pics a while ago execpt my camera can't zoom in and stay focused cause it sux....but there are a ton of white strands and its looking very nice.

I had to take away the compact flouros, they added too much heat and almost killed the plant after a couple days...scared the shit outta me, but shes doin better now so i hope you like it!

Attached Files:

17. HIGH All, looking good..but..from where I'm sitting it seems I see tell tale signs of Thrips or some other Pest going to town on your leaves. Check under the leaves to see if any Pests are resideing there...any small white things in the soil?

18. Does look like some sort of problem yes, thought may be heat stress but it looks more white and random than heat stress. Are you spraying anything on the leaves that dries that way? Lookin good otherwise, can never have too much light unless it burns the plants.

Keep workin it . .

Gg

19. Bad news :( I saw a few very small bugs in the dirt, but nothing on the leaves....idk how to get rid of a pest problem so any help would be great! I have been spraying sugar water on the leaves occasionally and it dries on the leaves.