My first grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NoobGrower., May 21, 2020.

1. Hey Noob! The girls are sexy today. That no nug girl is odd. Are there any gonads on her? Might be a herm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. @StickyBudHound Thanks man. Yeah, I wondered that myself, but it really appears to be normal. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

I did read some threads on "autoflower not autoflowering" and the like, so either it's just super late or just a dud.

Pics (let me know if I need to get better ones)
    image0.jpg image1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had a auto I was trying to grow with mine I got going now and it was a tiny ass plant and when it started flowering it only grew hairs the buds wouldn't form I ended up just tossing it but yeah some of my older pics in my thread you can see it. Thing wasn't even a foot tall lol.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol, yep it could be the auto isn't picking up on its job to grow buds. You could try to force the issue by putting it into 12 hours dark each day and it'll get the picture. She's got some little pistils growing in there so she seems to be riding the short bus. She needs a kick in the butt!

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Hybrid Civilian Interesting! Will check it out.

Same result here. Just hairs, no buds. I suppose the difference is this one grew normally and is "large" (same size as the other mature autos).

6. Yeah I'm gonna stick with fem seeds from now on, I ain't messing with autos lol, least you can control what you want out of the plant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agreed, try sohum or michigan m2 super soil. Just add water and some nutz at the end of your grow

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for checking in man :)

I wish the big box stores carried that type of soil. Any advice on where to purchase?

9. 7/4/2020
    Happy 4th!

I took a look at the trichomes today with the jeweller loupe and no evidence of amber showing yet. Which is good because the buds need to grow more. My understanding is they should really bloat out in the upcoming weeks. I'm also not seeing an amazing amount of trichomes (frost) either. They are clearly there, just not really covering the buds. Will trichomes continue to develop? Or is it just a result of my first grow and the learning process? Or perhaps my lights are too intense. Would love to get your perspectives.

By the way, I checked the PH of the run off today for shits-n-giggles and it looked great. Somewhere between 6 and 6.5 by the color of the PH drops. Closer to 6.5 I believe. Was really happy about that and it explains why the plants have done well without monitoring Ph too closely.

I continue to notice some leaves going yellow, but I believe that's a part of the plant's life cycle at this point. These Autos have been above ground since middle of May (best guess based on image timestamps is ~5/15/2020).

If you had to take a guess, how many weeks would you gut guess are remaining? Just curious.

As always, thank you!
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. 7/7/2020
    Almost gave myself a heart attack today. I took out my loupe and was checking trichomes on the leaves and seeing a ton of amber. I thought "Oh no, I missed the window!". Then I realized I should be checking the buds ha. It's just harder to do since it packs together. Leaves stick out and are easier to see.

What I'm finding to be true is the leaves are becoming amber way faster than the flowers. Also, you can't depend on the hairs either. I still have a lot of white hairs showing. Either way, have to think it won't be long now.

I went and ordered a stainless steel herb drying apparatus that has clips. I think I will hybrid trim. Remove the big fan leaves and larger leaves wet, then dry trim the rest. I want to do that since my space will be more humid and warm than ideal. So I want to prevent mold by removing some of the "wrap".

This is a big sugar leaf that didn't have many trichomes on it. I cut it for the picture.
    image0.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. #111 Hybrid Civilian, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Yeah don't rely much on trichomes on the sugar leaves you wanna be looking at the actual bud sites. Don't overthink it and rush it you still got like 2 weeks maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 7/11/2020
    Just waiting. Waiting is the pits huh? Ha.

The girl that I left outside to nature may be starting to get some buds... gonna keep an eye on her.

So here's some pics!

p.s. Ok, so I used a flash this time and it REALLY emphasizes the buds. Now my plants look like others who take pictures. I figured out the "magic" ha!
    image0.jpg image1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hell yeah coming along woo lol. Yeah I like standing back a bit then zooming in to the buds it's how I get some of those nice close up shots and my phone camera sucks for the most part lol.

I barely got that one plant harvested already itching to finish the others mainly just so I can start another run with 4 plants this time gonna let em get bigger as well and try some training.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks dood!

Sounds awesome man, I'll be looking forward to your grow journal.

I'm scaling down to 2 plants next grow and going to try training as well (or the foliage method StickyBuds posted perhaps). I have 4 seeds left from my first seed order. A buddy of mine wants to buy 2 of them from me, so it works out perfect :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. 7/12/2020
    Just snapped some pics with flash and also added a 16oz water bottle for size comparison on the main colas :)

One of them dropped quite a few leaves over the last couple days, but that's just how it goes.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg bottle1.jpg bottle2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. So I present to you, "Mean Joe Green, Defender of the Cannabis!"

This little booger has been guarding my outdoor plant for a few days now. He just hangs out on top of the plant eating all the critters that dare encroach on his territory.

I believe he is a Green Lynx Spider. Aggressive eaters of critters. Venomous but non-aggressive to people. However, can chomp down on you and create a 7-10" swelling =O .

1.jpg 2.jpg

17. Nice little pet to have! :pimp:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. so I read through your whole journal, first off! Nice job! Been in research mode for 2 weeks now. Reading, reading and more reading. But, your plants look amazing and I can't wait to start my 1st grow and grow journal. Yours was truly inspiring and educational. Thank you, can't wait to see what you yield!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. also, obviously I am new to growing. But I came across a forum yesterday that talked about this company called Advanced Nutrients. They have alllllll kinds of stuff that is beneficial to growing...most of their stuff seems to correct any Ph imbalance and the one video shows you in realtime how their stuff works and autocorrects your Ph to around 5.7, I believe. Its incredible and plan to use this for my first grow. check it out!

Base Nutrients | pH Perfect® 5-in-1 Benefits Nutrient Formula | Advanced Nutrients

20. Advanced is just one of many of them out there. I've used a few things from their line up in the past. I've been using FoxFarm for a few years now, but I'm switching to RAW nutrients next grow to get better control on each specific nute rather than using whatever the mixture ratio is for other companies.

• Like Like x 1