My first grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NoobGrower., May 21, 2020.

1. @Hybrid Civilian Right, I've heard that as well. My 2nd Aglex light will be here today, so I see no reason to take them outside after I install it. Right now I just don't have enough light coverage (IMO).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oh I see, yeah I could understand that, plus being auto flower you don't have to worry about flowering being disrupted with to many hours of light and what not. Cause yeah main thing I'm loving about indoor growing over outdoor, is not having to worry about weather and bugs lol. No 50+ mph winds and rain coming in late flower to jack me up haha. And bugs outside is always a issues for me to some extent, every year it's a new bug lol. Caterpillars, spidermites, aphids... Even the fucking birds shitting on my plants...... Lmao

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Moving them in and out, I'd just be worried about accidentally breaking a branch off. And the possibility of getting a pest from the yard, like aphids. I haven't heard or read one way or the other about moving them in and out causing a problem otherwise.

The nugs are looking real nice, Noob! You must be getting pretty excited. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've had a bunch of branches break off outside due to wind or bud weight and I didn't tie em up soon enough. But if you catch it early a little duct tape and the plant will never know anything happened lol. I've had a limb hanging by nothing but the skin of the outside of the stalk, tied it up and taped it together and it never even wilted or drooped at all. It's pretty amazing what these plants can't go through sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The first time is a definite butt clencher! :lmafoe:

I've broken a few here and there too. Duct tape is a savior. And... they're weeds! You really have to put in some effort to actually kill them. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bullshit they are weeds, that's a lie! It's to damn magical of a plant and way to beautiful! Lol I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the first ever marijuana plant was shat out of a unicorns ass as a seed and a leprechaun planted it in his pot of gold.. pretty sure that's how it happened.

Yeah.... I've been smoking...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. lol @Hybrid Civilian , you're in the zone.

Yeah @StickyBudHound , getting excited. If nothing else, just for the fact that that the work has actually "worked".

Oh and on the 3rd day, God said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!" Now we're rolling between 800-900 actual watts of glorious full spectrum light. No need to feed them to the critters no more :)
    image0.jpg image1.jpg image2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lmao, I agree, @Hybrid Civilian is definitely in the zone! Funny shit dude. :metal:

This is just the beginning, Noob and you're off to a great start. Have you thought about anything you want to change about how you do your next grow? Such as, figuring out how you can increase the yield by taking better advantage of your lights? Maybe, use some training techniques?

• Like Like x 2
  9. @StickyBudHound : Thanks man. I have thought a lot about it. My plan is to :
    • Grow 2 plants instead of 4. I did 4 initially in the event that 1 or 2 didn't sprout. However, here we are with 4 healthy plants. This will mean that each plant will receive 400w(+/-) of light. I checked on a light meter and between the 2 lights, I was hitting 6 figures of lumens in certain areas. :eek2:
    • Feed nutes earlier and more regularly
    • 5 gallon grow bags. More room for expansion. With the increased light and nute intensity, I think they will need it.
    • Use an organic soil/perlite mix instead of Miracle-gro soil. For the record, I do feel that the concerns about miracle-gro soil are a bit overstated. In my observation (no measurement or facts), I'm not convinced that crazy amounts of nitrogen are getting released to the plant with every watering. But again, I'm not going to use it to be safe, so it's a moot point. In a pinch, if that's all someone had available, I'd say go for it.
    • Potentially do LST. With just 2 plants, I should have a lot of room to work. I just don't know if I'll be too lazy ha.
    • Potentially put a couple drops of PH Down in every watering to get PH more in line to 6-6.5 PH. I don't think I have had any major PH issues, but I'd be interested to see if some of the lower leaves stay green for the entire grow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 6/25/2020

Went ahead and cut some lower leaves that were going to rot off anyway.

Also, what do you guys think of this one that simply has no buds? No hope? Just stick with it? Keep in mind it's the same age as the other 3 which are well into flower.

Pics below. The no nugger is the first one. There are a few "hairs" where the buds should be, but still nothing.
    3.jpg

6.jpg
    5.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

11. plants mature bout 45-60 days i understand. stick with it. the leaves were taken off prematurally in my opinion. when they begin to brown you can remove them to discourage fungal growth ect...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agree unless the leaves are blocking bud sights from light I'll chop em otherwise just keep em on until they fall or or turn yellow. Lots of good foods in them baby's.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oh well oops :) Thankfully only around ~1 leaf per plant (I trimmed 5 leaves..well 6 if you count that really tiny one from the very beginning). I'd imagine no real harm done. Thanks fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plants will be dead overnight for sure, lol nah you'll be fine I cut off a lot of branches and leaves outdoor cause the plants get so damn big anything that grows on the bottoms or inside is pretty worthless.

• Like Like x 1
  15. @Hybrid Civilian I do have some fan leaves that tend to sit on top of/block some buds. Should I cut those or perhaps just bend them aside?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bend them aside or tuck them in places is your best option

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'm just gonna leave this right here...

What is Schwazzing & What Does Defoliating Cannabis Do? | Grow Weed Easy

My last grow, I grew a Jack Herer under 300W and the plant yielded 22 oz. It was manifolded, I gave it a few extra weeks of veg time and I used this technique.

Defoliation is probably one of the most contested techniques. I can say from experience, it works.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  18. 6/28/2020
    Just some pics of the buds today. :)

I still have 1 that hasn't flowered. Just a bunch of hair. I'm thinking of spraying with bug spray and leaving her outside to give the others more room in the indoor area. She should do just fine out there.

I'm also considering calling a plumber and having a water line run to this room. Wouldn't that be sexy? Having a spigot available to water right in the room? That'd be so awesome and the pipe is very accessible. It should be very easy for a plumber to tie into the cold water lines. I'd guess $100 "on the side" job or so.

Thanks for that link to the defoliage @StickyBudHound . Really interesting. Perhaps I'll try something like that next grow.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. 6/30/2020
    The no bud is officially an "outdoor" grow now ha. Sprayed down with repellent and left her out overnight. Watering with garden hose. Kind of fun just to see what happens.

Noticed that one already has some amber hairs going on. Quite a few actually. Small buds still. It's the taller one seen in the photos.

Starting to think about the harvesting/drying more now. I believe I will run a twine rope between 2 nails and dry them in the grow room. I will use the crawlspace fan and it will give constant airflow and keep the temps down. It will be 70% RH and take longer to dry, but a lot of airflow that should keep any mold out of the picture. The alternative is 90*F and less RH. I think I'd rather go cooler/wetter than hot/dry.

Pics!

All :
    1.jpg
    All :
    2.jpg
    Best one so far:
    3.jpg
    Tall one showing amber hairs: 4.jpg
    Bud-less outdoor: 5.jpg

• Like Like x 3