My first grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NoobGrower., May 21, 2020.

1. Yeah I'd start with 18 just watch for signs of light burn or any kinda stress. I've had all 3 of my lights about 12 inches with no probs. 20200613_214932_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Hybrid Civilian
    I did indeed lower, thanks for the advice :)

I really like your set up and the coverage you're getting with the lighting. On my next grow, if I do another 4 plants at a time, I feel I should go ahead and get another light to really cover the area. My rectangle shaped COB LED light, though very bright, really doesn't disperse the entire floor. I feel like larger quantum boards would do a better job covering the square footage. I think it's partly because of the lack of tent. I don't have reflective mylar walls helping to bounce the photons to the plants. One more equivalent light should do it, but then I'm blasting around ~800w of light. Just seems a bit..much. Now that my temps and humidity are in balance, I suppose I could revisit the tent idea again too. Yours looks really well balanced where light is getting spread equally around the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 6/14/2020
    Still amazed at the amount of water needed right now. I put them outside today for some sunbathing and went ahead and used the garden hose to deep water. At the end of the day, the bags felt light and the soil wasn't very moist with the finger 1" in test. Wow! Though reluctant, I went ahead and watered a 2nd time tonight.

Pics. You can see them drooping a bit from being dry and hot (this is before the 2nd water):
    1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah that's why I got the two extra lights for my coverage plus to add to the flowering didn't wanna end up with fluffy weed lol.

And yeah they drink like crazy, I was watering maybe once a week before flower now it's every 2 or 3 days lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 6/18/2020
    I have them outside today.

Interesting how every plant is unique. 1 is REALLY producing a large quantity of buds, 2 are "ok", 1 is not producing any buds yet. I'm not sure how the quantity will play out. I would think a lot of buds is a very good sign, but I'm not sure how they grow from there being new to all this :) I'm very pleased with how healthy they look. Their color is great. They are taking in their nutrients and still drinking like freaking fish. I think the 3 gals are holding them back - which is actually good for my first grow. Next grow, I may go with 2 plants in 5 gals. Also try a little LST.

My new fan will be here today, so I will install that in the crawlspace if it gets here at a reasonable time. I also bought some more hanging hooks for future light expansion. Man this hobby is addictive haha.

Pics

All:
    1.jpg
    No buds: image0.jpg
    OK buds:
    image2.jpg
    Lots of buds: image3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. The girls are looking really good Noob! Nice and healthy. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. And here is the new fan installed. I can't get over how sturdy and well built this fan is and it was only ~$70 which was a killer deal compared to others in it's class. It puts out 4200 cfm on high =O though I keep it on low.

fan.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. 6/20/2020
    Ok, these ladies are getting too much to handle ha. The single Aglex light is definitely not enough coverage and I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a 2nd one. By the way, I'm a big fan of the light. It's very nicely made and works really well. In the meantime, I'm going to just keep putting them outside all day to ensure they get plenty of light.

I did add about a 1" layer of fresh soil to the tops of the bags. The soil tended to compact down over time, so figured it's worth making sure the bag stays nice and full. Couldn't hurt.

How many weeks do you guys think these still have? I'm trying to see if I have to create a plan... My wife's got a 5 day vacation scheduled for us soon (early July I believe). I may have to invest in some form of auto water system or see if a good friend of mine will come and water them a couple times for me. I hate to ask him since he's 20 minutes up the road, but given I'm in SC, I don't really want to just ask a neighbor. My one neighbor would probably not care at all, but the less knows the better.

image0.jpg image1.jpg

9. Screw it, just ordered another light :laughing: Should have no problem handling 4 plants in the future.

10. Hey man they look good. It's been hot here. Might set mine outside some.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey Noob, I think you're gonna need to figure out that automatic water system. They're definitely not gonna be done by early July. Maybe close by then but I doubt they'll be done.

We went to the coast today. Rained and was foggy most of the time but still beautiful.

20200620_142945.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lmao yeah bro, I was the same... I just had the large Bestva 2k watt at first and added the two 600 watt spiderfarmers about 6 weeks in I think. Def helped a lot

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Man I'm in northern California and I don't see the beach nearly enough lol, I'm like a couple hours away and I've only been a handful of times

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Hybrid Civilian Dude, same. We're about 3-4 hours away from the SC beaches, but we never go as well. Myrtle Beach is the popular one that EVERYBODY goes to. Tons of stuff there to do, but there are also plenty of quiet little beaches up and down the SC coast (and the NC coast too) if you want to truly just relax/beach.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 20200407_190315.jpg lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. wow lol. That's some ingenuity!

17. We don't go nearly as often as we used to. Up until about 10 years ago, we would go to the beach probably a half a dozen times a year or more. It's such a relaxing and beautiful thing. That shot was of twin rocks in Rockaway. They're really far out there in the pic and covered by the fog.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 6/24/2020
    I'm conflicted about putting them outside due to critters getting them, but that sun is just too good. Going for it.

Noticing some deficiencies now, especially in lower leaves. Nothing major. If I'm honest, I haven't really stayed on top of PH as well as I should have, so likely the culprit. Otherwise, they appear well fed and healthy overall. They continue to grow the buds. All except one of them. She just refuses to bud. I'm assuming she'll just be a super late bloomer or perhaps one of the infamous "auto flowers that don't flower". I even checked for sex and she's definitely a lady ha. It's like she's on the VERGE of wanting to bud, but just won't do it.

Pics:
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg all.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yeah I don't know much about that really but for me personally outside is outside and indoor stays indoor lol. Cause yeah I definitely wouldn't wanna bring in any bugs for one but I may or may not have read somewhere that going from inside to outside depending on the temp changes and stuff can actually do more harm than good to the plants.
    Now don't hold me to that as a actual fact cause I don't remember that well but I'm pretty sure anyway.

• Like Like x 1