My First Grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JohnnyBunz, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hey guys just thought Id share my first grow with you all. I am new to all this and invested a lot of time studying about everything I needed to know about growing. I have a spare bedroom that I am using as my grow room. The LED lights that I invested in are the HIGROW 600 W 5W lights and the duct fan system I am using is the AC Infinity T6. I have it taped onto my screen so it doesn't suck in bugs but it cools the hot air brought from outside to the inside grow area so it's temperature controlled. I'm gonna invest in another light after theyre about 1 week away from being put into flowering because the space they will occupy once attached to the tomato ring with 8 main colas will be substantial and I really don't want 3 plants about 4 once the the little seedling catches up to be fighting for the light when they are in flowering. I have 4 different strains growing in my tent. Chemdawg, Durban Poison, Trainwreck, and the seedling that had a late start cause they were 1 year old seeds and was really hard germinating is the Amnesia Haze. I named them all according to the first letter of the strain so theres Ashley, Courtney, Danni, and Tilly and I also play music for them, it's just my personal preference ranging from opera to sonatas to soothing plant music. Here are some pics and if anyone has questions or advice, it'll be gladly welcomed. All the plants are developing wonderfully, I haven't run into any problems yet knock on wood, leaves are greener and healthier than ever, and they are loving my light. I feel a great harvest coming this fall and I will keep you all updated.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very nice looks like its coming along great, so i just have one question whats the AC infinity do exactly?

3. Instead of going with a normal duct fan, I decided to get fancy with it. So I came across the AC Infinity T6. While I could use my central air conditioning to control the temperature in the room, I decided I would use the AC Infinity instead. The Digital Dash allows me to set the temperature I want the fan to run to and it has a sensor that detects the temperature inside the grow tent. It never gets down to 73 so its constantly running until my switch turns off at midnight along with the lights. It's just more of a sophisticated duct fan system.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats pretty cool are you able to syns it up with a computer or phone so you can see the temp when youre not around the screen? And does it also work on window AC units?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm pretty sure you can, theres ports on it to control it on external devices but I have not found the need to adjust it more than once yet. As for on window AC units, it should if you managed to connect the ducting to the unit if thats what your asking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just a view of the plants as soon as the lights turned off. Loving how green they are.

Attached Files:

7. I may have to check out that Infinity fan system. I’m in the market for a new fan. So, the fan adjusts its speed and airflow in order to maintain your temperature settings?

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes and no. The fan has speed settings and if its run on the smart option to where if its configured to a certain temperature, it will keep running until the temperature in the room is acheived from the sensor detector.

9. So basically the fan is going to run all the time obviously because once the desired temp is reached and the fan either shuts down or slows down the temps will go back up therefore causing the fan to come on again? So the only really great thing about the fan is that the further away from the desired temp that your grow space gets, the harder the fan will work to close the temperature gap....whereas a regular inline exhaust fan will simply co to use to run at the same speed regardless of what the temperature of your grow space is? So really, the Infinity fan is good for preventing temperatures that may be too high, therefore causing unnecessary stress to your plants? Is that pretty much it?

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

10. The fan will work at whatever speed you adjust it at the whole time. I have mine set on the 3rd setting, and yes it will work towards achieving the designated temp. I found that when the lights were off and when I had it on, it achieved the temp and shut off but I no longer use it during the dark period because the plants have no use for co2 when it's in the dark period. So yes the inline fan is really good at preventing the temperature of the grow area from getting too hot.

11. Thinking about making a thread on all the equipment, nutes, and supplies I am using depending on how well this harvest goes. If anyones for this let me know. :yay:

12. Progress thus far. 3 Main plants have grown the 4th node working towards 5 now, will be topping at 6. Just added silica to my nutrient regiment and also a root booster. Looking forward to seeing results this coming week. Seedling is officially doing well, one cotyledon was damaged when it was born but it seems to have made full progress with just one of the cotyledons. No longer need the damaged one but very happy that the Amnesia Haze pulled through.

Attached Files:

13. As you can see, theres no droopiness, they are being fed accordingly, I I tend to go about 2 days and half with one watering, then allow the soil not to be too try but just dry enough so I know my roots are getting the oxygen they need. Thought I would have a problem knowing how to water when I first started but I think I got it down packed.

Attached Files:

14. Heres some Pics, I transplanted the seedling to her final pot, and shes doing pretty well. Adjust another hanger to the lights in the middle so I can start adjusting the distance between the plants and the light, and also 4 additional ones Im deciding to keep on the edges incase the rope breaks, really don't want an accident like I've been seeing in other forums where people's lights have fallen on their plants. Tuesday or Wednesday will be the day I top. I will post pictures of them when I do. Super stoked. 6th node is just popping out the leaves should be out completely by the end of tuesday or beginning of wednesday.

Attached Files:

15. Topped them today, heres the pics. Cant wait for the upcoming days to see those new mains pop out.

Attached Files:

16. Those new mains looking good as ever, Danni needs to catch up but she'll probably look great by tomorrow.

Attached Files:

17. So this the progress thus far. Danni seems to be growing slowly, unsymmetrically but surely she is growing. Hopefully the other main catches up. Tilly is doing pretty damn good for the size she is and shes dealing with topping quite well. But Courtney omgosh Courtney is my strongest one, shes literally been beasting thru being topped and her new mains have just been shooting out faster than the other two but gahdamn she gives me a boner. Cant wait to top them the 2nd time hopefully soon. Also I've taken the two tops when I topped just Danni and Courtney, and I decided I wanted to clone them, so far its been 2 days later and the leaves are still looking good, no wilting. I used my own rooting solution that I bought along with some distilled water and I'm just waiting for them to root. As for Ashley, I'm not gonna be able to train her the same way because by the time the other plants go into 12/12 Im gonna have to put her under 12/12 as well so I'm hoping to get her as big as I can.

Attached Files:

18. From above

Attached Files:

19. ok guys I know it's been a while but it's because I had a mishap that totally threw me off. Well as I was mainlining my chemdawg strain a branch snapped off completely and it completely killed my mood, i tried taping it but that side died. I decide screw it I'm going to grow 8 mains from her side thats still intact and she recovered flawlessly. Shes a real fighter. She's actually got 10 tops growing out now from all the small branches catching up and shooting for the light. I also supercropped her main stem so I can keep her even with all the other plants beside her. This has been a hell of a first grow for me. Ive had a couple tears in the branches here and there but ive taped them up and they recovered. I also upgraded to a 1000 Watt LED light same brand to go next to my 600Watt LED to cover more space since the light shoots only downwards I needed more coverage. Mainlining by nugbuckets didn't go according to plan but now this is my very own way. The Trainwreck strain I have 8 tops, followed the nebula Manifold and shes growing quite spectacularly. And Durban Poison jeez, her stalks are so thick its outrageous. I had to supercrow her mains down too cause she was getting too tall. One of her branches broke while i was doing it so I decided to top that branch and get 5 Mains out of her. Ashley is finally getting there and I'm gonna top her for 4 mains and let her catch up to all of them. So in total I'll be vegging 3 out of the 4 plants for 3 months and ashley will be vegged for 2 months. Not before long now will they go into flowering. But God damn I love the new lights they are so powerful and the plants are responding beautifully to them.

Attached Files:

20. Heres some lights off pictures =]

Attached Files: