My first grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Youngstercannagrowernoob, May 24, 2018.

1. #1 Youngstercannagrowernoob, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    The Taproot on my seed has popped out today and I've planted it in a secluded spot in the forest. Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated because this is my very first grow. The temperature at night doesn't drop below 50(f)

2. I wouldn't expect too much out of it honestly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Outside grow can go many ways best of luck bud keep it updated see how it goes and are you fucking with some autos or photos?

4. just one ? It will probably get eaten or something. I kinda half ass tried growing last year with some bagseeds and out of like 6 sprouts from some bag seed only 3 lived ( some were just too skinny or sucked and died.. genetics), and those 3 all got eaten or died by like 6 weeks in.. This year ive taken measures that stopped bugs from eating them so far ( put a lil chili powder and black pepper in a spray bottle with water and misted it on the leaves) and ive kinda put sticks around them to keep away small rabbits and whatnot (chicken wire is good too but looks hella conspicuous) Make sure it gets decent sun the woods can suck at that, trees can block a ton of soun throughout the day. get high nitrogen plant food for vegetative phase and high phosphorus plant food for flowering. It will grow better if you put it in a big hole filled with potting soil vs just putting it in the ground. dont overwater it. if the grounds moist, it's fine.that's all the tips i can think of right now. some are in good ol mother earth, some are in potting soil in the ground, some are in little buckets. they range from 7-15 days old, so far so good i think.. this is really my first time actually trying to do this. here's a couple pics. WP_20180523_001.jpg WP_20180523_007.jpg

5. I'll try the chili powder and the black pepper in the spray bottle later today for bugs and I'll set up sticks. This seed is just one bagseed I decided to try to grow because why not so I'm not expecting a whole lot

6. chicken wire or tomato cages would be best but look more sketchy.

7. Thank you I'll post some pictures if it sprouted

8. little update on mine the chili powder/pepper/water mist and the sticks are working wonders lmao. rabbits were digging the dirt up or eating the plants daily now it's stopped completely. WP_20180525_004.jpg WP_20180525_009.jpg WP_20180525_011.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. My plant hasn't sprouted I don't know if I should be worried or not but it's only been two days. I have a glass aquarium over it that let's light through and traps moisture so I figured I'd be ok to hold off on the spray until I check on it tomorrow

10. was it germinated? ive had seeds in the ground take over a week to come up with daily watering and ive had germinated seeds take 1-5 days

11. I was trying to germinate it in a paper towel but after about a week of nothing I dropped it in a cup of water for about 14 hours and I came back to it with the Taproot poking through so I took it to my spot and put it a 1/2 an inch deep at most with the tap root pointing Down

12. You should be good to go how long was the taproot

13. #13 Youngstercannagrowernoob, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    I didn't measure it but it couldn't be over 4 mm. It was pretty small

• Like Like x 1
  14. So intead of using chili powder i put pepper, a drop of dish soap, and hot sauce because I figured they're both peppers so I think it should be good. I read on your journal and you said you used dish soap so I'll try it too

15. Broh. You spray hot sauce on your plants?

Would be funny if it happened to be Frank's Red Hot. "I put that shit on everything" LMFAO. Took that shit to the next level.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Not on but around it to keep insects away they don't have good taste like us humans

17. Be careful with how close you get it to the stalk; you wouldn't want that leaching down into the roots upon getting watered bra.

18. I went to check on it and see if I got a sprout and it did. I put sticks around it and I cut down a few trees to let in as much sun light as it can get. I also sprayed a lot of that hit spray I made around it but not on it. I also left the aquarium on it because I want it to get a tad bigger before I let it out of it and there is going to be thunderstorms tomorrow. Should I take off the aquarium and let it get some wind?

Attached Files:

19. I've decided to leave it uncovered to get some wind and rain.