My first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jtxx7, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Hey guys I'm fairly new here. Been surfing the forums for years and finally decided to sign up. I've been reading up on growing and everything for some time now and decided to give it a go as where I live has just became legal (Nevada). My main goal is to see what I can produce with what I have. Although that's not a "good" goal, I feel this will be a long term thing for me. I started up a seedling about a week ago and I feel it's doing decent. Looks pretty healthy and I just wanted some input. I have it under a cfl right now and it's about a week and 2 days. I just watered it last night but have no idea about the PH and all of that. This Friday I will be running to the nursery to grab exactly everything I need and I have ordered a Mars 300w which will be here Friday. Any input will be great

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. What type of soil are you using? General hydroponics pH drops work well for checking pH without a expensive meters and without calibrations.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Right now I'm using some organic miracle grow but Friday I will be picking up some Fox Farm. Do you think that will complicate anything?

4. Seems healthy for now. Make sure you mix in 25 percent or more perlite into the fox farms soil before you replant. Don't use miracle grow perlite FYI.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jtxx, Welcome to GC, Happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I will definitely stay away from anything miracle grow, im surprised its doing as good as it is in it.

Thank you!

7. Thank you, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jus subbed I'm down for the journey

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ph pens are like 15.00 on Amazon. You need one and maybe a backup. 5.5-6.3 is the zone you are shooting for. Get some need oil and something like flying death or dr. Enzymes for the bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Personally I use General Hydroponics pH drops to check my feeding solution. Very accurate and no calibration.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks man! If you have a grow of your own be sure to link I will definitely sub.

No doubt, just got off work about to head to the nursery and for sure pick up a PH meter, but I was curious what kind of bug encounters do I have to worry about during an indoor grow?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Also wanted to upload today's pictures
    Definitely some more leaves are growing in.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. I am not sure about bugs inside but i would say, neem in veg and there are some rules about when to spary to avoid light burn ect.

Then in flower Dr. Enzymes is good for the most part. Depends on what bugs you have as well.

14. Thanks my man!

Also wanted to ask for your guys' help. I got Fox Farm but should I wait to transfer until my plant outgrows the solo cup or should I just transfer now?

Also my Mars came in, right now it's under 2 CFLs, should I just expose it to the light right away or is there a certain way to do this? I don't want to shock it.

15. The plant is fine in the solo cup until you see roots start coming out the drain holes, then its time to transplant to a bigger pot. You can veg for pretty much as long as you like, generally from the time you flip to flowering the plant will grow double and sometimes triple in height depending on strain. So if you only have a 3 foot height area to grow in, then 12 inches would be your flip time ect. The longer a plant is in veg, the bigger it will be. I wouldn't worry about setting up the led until it outgrows the solo cup.

• Like Like x 2
  16. So I just got home and 2 days ago I switched from 24/0 to 18/6 and personally I have seen a difference as it helped it grow, or that may just be the state that my plant is in? Who knows but I will experiment with that later on with different plants. But I checked my plant and the first root has appeared out of one of my drain holes, the soil is a little dense as I did water yesterday, should I transplant now, or wait till the soil is dry? Also, when would you say your plant is in veg? Like how long after it pops? Thank you for your help and input my man.

17. Hey guys just an update here, my plant is coming along, i transferred it into a bigger pot, probably the final pot I will have it in as I wont be looking to get this thing HUGE, but more of a canopy using LST. I had a question, the organic soil I have it in doesnt seem to be causing my plant any problems, would it be safe to say to keep it in what it is in? My light came in and I will be hooking that bad boy up tomorrow and I also bought some nutes from Advanced Nutrients. Also in the meantime I have started up another seed but being a new grower and really enjoying this stuff I tried a different method, I soaked for 24 hours in a glass cup till it sank and I planted it right away, I didnt wait for the tap root to show, so hopefully we will see how that comes out.

18. How's she looking?? Just watered yesterday when I did the transplant so I don't expect to water for another 2 days or so. Just going off the 2nd knuckle rule.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Also, I do have my Fox Farm that I can plant in at anytime but I felt the plant was doing fine in the soil that it is in and I did want to hand feed it myself instead of letting the soil give its nutes to it. Just a personal preference, does anyone know any organic soil that could possibly be an alternative to what I am currently using?

20. Plants look great, I haven't see any obvious problem, Nice work