My first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chomper1max, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Hi everybody this is my first grow as the title reads.
    Germination time: 32hours
    Seed type: ak49 auto
    Lighting: 130watt grow lush cfl

The seed was planted 2days ago just wanted advice on when to start fertilizing and if it looks healthy so far
    any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Hold off on the fertilizer till she gets established a little more! She looks awesome! The soil usually carries enough for a week or two, or so I've learned! Off to a great healthy start!!!! :yay:

3. Thanks for the reply, I will keep posting on this thread with updated photos

4. [quote name="Chomper1max" post="19393904" timestamp="1390516692"]Hi everybody this is my first grow as the title reads.Germination time: 32hoursSeed type: ak49 autoLighting: 130watt grow lush cflThe seed was planted 2days ago just wanted advice on when to start fertilizing and if it looks healthy so farany advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks[/quote] Hahah 👌 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390546828.240936.jpg 🍁 😙💨🍃🍂

5. Need more light brother... What's the real watts on that bulb? You'll learn quick its real wattage that matters not "equivalent " get a 60 wat at least FOR VEG,you'll need lots more for flowerSent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The bulb itself is 130

Attached Files:

You can fertilize anytime, a little wormcastings mixed into the top soil is always a good thing, but I wouldn't add nutrients until it begins to show a deficiency. Depending on your soil that could be anywhere up to 6 weeks, lot of growers don't even need their veg nutes by that time.

So... what kind of soil are you using and what kind of nutes do you plan on using?

8. how much was that bulb? hmmm i may have to upgrade im using 13watt 900 lumens bulbs liek a total noob 8 of them lol, i heard 20-20-20 nutes are the best to use, i been usinf 15-30-15 and the top leaves are like shrunked and folding out slower meh..goodluck dont burn em!

9. I bought the ballast and two 130watt lights in a combo 1 was 6500k for veg and one 2700k for flower all together it was $75 off eBay I just find it a lot easier using 1large bulb rather then a lot of small globes. I've hear it better to be using like 20-15-10 nutes while in veg

10. Hi thanks for that info greatly appreciated. I'm using a black tick approved soil with nothing added to it to avoid any future problems mixed with perlite. And planning on using miracle grow 22-6-11 mainly because it's high in nitrogen does that sound alright? and later on in flower I was going to use potash

That's a strong concentration, go lightly if you must use it. Extra perlite is one of the best things you can do for store-bought soil but you already know that, obviously. The potash is a great idea, would also recommend kelp meal for necessary micro nutrients.

I get excellent results with espoma tomato-tone, last time I picked up a bag they were $6 so it's good for budget grows. Benefit of using these nutrients is that ph is self-regulating, no need for a ph meter and solutions. All you need to 'activate' the nutrients is some form of compost (fertilizer), wormcastings are preferred but a $3 bag of composted cow manure will do the job. I just mix them together into the top layer of soil and my plants love it.

Miracle gro is cheap and it works, but there are much better products in the same price range. You don't have to spend $50 on bottled nutrients and another $50 on ph supplies to grow top-shelf marijuana, it can be done with the lunch money in my pocket.... but miracle gro is the last thing I'd use.

12. Alright thanks a lot it's always good to get advice from more experienced growers. I was only going to use half strength at first,I'm not really on much of a budget it's just I prefer to get things I can find in my local stores as I'm not a fan of buying things online I might try kelp meal though
    when my plant gets abit older. Thanks heaps for the advice

13. Nice man, I grew that exact strain AK49-Auto and it was the bomb, great smoke, high and smell/flavor .... enjoy!

14. [quote name="the_tobzster" post="19397865" timestamp="1390574103"]Nice man, I grew that exact strain AK49-Auto and it was the bomb, great smoke, high and smell/flavor .... enjoy![/quote

Good to see someone that grew the same strain