My first Grow W/ picture

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ganja Giant, Oct 11, 2011.

1. This was the beggining of my first grow, ive wanted to post on here but never got to making an account. these plants got busted a while back but now i got 2 new ones and they are around 20in Was this a good set up its inside of a hallowed out dresser for stealth.

Attached Files:

2. awsome bro what type of soil? im starting my first grow this week

3. I used half Petting soil and half just normal soil, i went with miracle grow because its all i had.

4. Regular Miraclegro runs a very high risk of burning out your plants, specially when they are that young. Just letting you know, not trying to harp on you for your decision, you really might want to look into your local nursery and see if you can get an all organic soil, add blood meal and bone meal to it with lime(I dont mean the fruit lime) as well and and some kelp extract, mix your perlite in the same ratio and you will have an awesome soil. If you happen to have a hydroponic store local check it out, they should have Fox Farm soils which covers all of what I covered for making a good soil. Dont neglect the soil step, it is by far the most important. What light setup are you currently using for your grow? CFLs, MH, HPS or LED?

5. how about scotts soil? i really dont feel like doing all that and dont have the expenses

6. Just look for organic my friend, time release is what kills the plants, Miraclegro is a brand of Scotts. Just look at the label and avoid anything that has time release nutrients in it.

7. get some pete or coco add some worm castings and perlite-way better than micgrow

JB66

8. you will get out of it what you put into it. if you don't want to spend a little money to get good bud, you won't get good bud. a bag of fox farm is only about $25 and it would be enough for 3-5 plants depending on pot size. it is absolutely worth every penny.

good start giant. it may be a little difficult to get the root balls out of those funny pots you are using. never use clear pots either. "solo" cups work real good. good luck. i'll be watching.