my first grow. [updated frequently]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rkm19, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #81 rkm19, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    uhhhhhh :( these temps are really killing me. The plants are surviving, yes. They are not wilting, yes. But i can tell it is heat stressed and it is bothering me. Cannot wait to make the switch to LED's. I honestly feel bad for this plant. its getting up to 115 degrees in there and my carbon filter is not even working because there is positive pressure. This grow box is such a failure almost to the point where i wish it was a male. :O I really wished i hadn't rushed and got all these cfl's thinking my box would be able to manage the heat. I am going to completely redesign the entire box with some professionalism in mind. I am kind of sorry for not completely listening to the good advice that was given to me. sorry :(

here is a little update of my plant before she goes to bed....
    day 3? of flowering.

[​IMG]

edit: a little overdramatic :eek: I just removed 2 of the bulbs to help with the temperatures, yeah i know it will affect my yield, but that is all i can think to do at the moment. Just disregard what i said above. :D

2. mann i hear ya, i fel for you man.... i hope all goes well now that you reduced the heat, how many watts are you running at right now? come check out my grow indoors :)

3. make sure that you are checking her water needs. she probably drinks more in the higher temps.

4. forsure! i managed to drop about 10 degrees with losing the 2 bulbs. But im still in the 100's :( i have 4 23 watt bulbs so a little under a 100. I know the yield will suffer, but i think it will suffer just as much as if there were higher temps. I do water her just in the sweet spot so that there is no under-over watering going on.

5. how is that secret jardin? And what is there for insulation?

6. The secret jardin is really good for the 100 i paid for it :) its got a thick canvas type material with mylar like insides lol really good make and quality id say. 99% dark like virtually no llight leaks

7. what are you running for ventilation?

8. juuust bought a 80CFM inline fan formy intake today and used my old little 60CFM fan for my outtake fan with my hommade carbon filter added to it :) my temps are staying down now annnd no smell and im about 1.5 weeks into flower :) ill be postin pics momentarily so you can see :) but yeah like smokey said you just need more intake airto cool off your room :)

9. Hmm, i may be interested in that inline fan. How is the noise with it? Would it need a muffler?

10. Ohh dude it is sooo quiet, when i was getting my Hydro guy to wire it for me i was sitting there thinking oh damn when he turns it on to check that its working its gonna be a noisy fucker, but to my amazement it is pretty damn quiet. wth both my intake fan and outtake fan going it sounds like a computer running, so soft and quiet :) and it was only 50 bucks :)

11. can you link me to it? are you running a different fan for exhaust, or do you have two?

12. right now i have 2 fans one inline for intake and another is a computer fan for my outtake... and link you my grow? its in my signature at the bottom of my posts where it says mini tent grow :p click the link :)

13. Flowering Day number 9;

Plant is looking pretty good. Pruned off some of the dead leaves from the very bottom, fan leaves are getting to big for their own good. Hoping to see some pistils here pretty soon!

Her name is Chloe :D
    [​IMG]
    Mrs. Droopy, doesn't care for shade huh?
    [​IMG]
    The top shop,
    [​IMG]
    And my lst job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see the leaves outside the bucket are droopy, not from overwatering, but from being in the shade because the bucket is snug against the wall.

14. drill some holes in the bottom of your pot dude!!! asap;):D:wave:

15. okey dokey, can i use anything that retains water as a tray?

16. at least a dozen holes, at least as big as a #2 pencil.

anything that will catch the water is fine for a tray.:wave:

17. I thought this whole time that I've been over watering. But i just gave her a full bottle of water and all of her leaves perked up within 30 minutes!

18. thats how it is man, learn by default :p hahaha sweet man, thats good to hear, so now your back on track :) cant wait to see an update again soon

19. anxiously awaiting for some hairs or something! I want to get this show on the road.