My first grow : The life of a white widow and sour diesel from seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Greenz4momma91, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Feminized seeds purchased from cropkingseeds. Germinated 3. 2 white widows and 1 sour diesel. One white widow was killed off due to lack of space :( planted them into small pots. Less then 1g --- up to now this has been an all organic soil grow

They sprouted through the soil on march 17th 2017
    And were kept under 2x 23w cfl until they were 10 days old ( march 27th) At that point I switched to 1 300w ( about 135 true w) led light and moved them to their grow cupboard.) this is also when I started lsting.

Growth really took off but as a result of the small pot they were in and being a 100% organic grow...we ran into some nute issues on April 4th. I did a foliage with Epsom salt for a suspected mag def...Which helped so much , and This is when I started to plan out my transplant.

April 10th I transplanted into 3G smart buckets with a soil mixture of perlite , shrimp compost and promix soil.

April 13th I topped them for the first time. Within days I had new growth on both although the sour D didn't adjust as well to it as the white widow.

I ordered some fox farm big bloom, a new fan , ph reader and humidity/temp monitor and of course some gorilla tape !

So far no odour control, although i can tell already it will become an issue.

April 22nd we began 12/12 after being 24/0 for 5 weeks :) on April 24th I notice preflowers on both plants.

Attached Files:

2. looks pretty good. this is my white widow skunk fem im tring to raise. seed from msnl bout same age as yours. mine may have sprouted a week sooner

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Here's some pictures from today. They are on day 6 of 12/12. 6 weeks from seed today :) everything is going great.
    The sour D is a sativa dominant and I thought I had seen preflowers when I last posted but no , only the white widow has preflowers as of yet. ( no light leaks in dark cycle so I'm assuming it's just going slower due to it's genetics and sativa heritage lol )

Attached Files:

4. That pic is really crappy so here is another lol. I'm actually starting to wonder if sour d is male :s

Attached Files:

5. If it is don't you need to move it out so it doesn't pollinate the females?

6. Yes forsure. She's a female though thank goodness! Starting showing preflowers

7. Bought a grow tent and they've been in it since Friday. Also bought another 300w led.bringing me to about 300 true watts. Now I'm having some issues with humidity getting too high during the 12 hours of dark so I'm going to have to buy a inline fan.

They are 16 days into flower :)

Attached Files:

8. You might be able to get away with just putting some good strong regular fans in there instead of an in-line fan. The in line fan probably wouldn't help you much anyway. But upping the level of air movement in and around the plants, it will help the humidity problem and disperse heat too. The in-line fans are pretty much used for ducting with air-cooled HPS lamps. They get really super hot and ducting and the fan will pull air over them and then push it out somewhere outside the room. If your overall temps are good under these/this light, just throw some fans in there and move those plants around. The better air movement you have around your plants, the stronger they will get too. Hope that helps. TWW

9. Getting bigger now

Attached Files:

10. 2 1/2 weeks on 12/12

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Really look like they are praying to the lights...

12. is that little leaf curl on the edges from light stress?

13. Ummm. Well they're on 12/12 so they are stretching lol. My lights are at 13inches so it's optimal height.

14. No I believe it's from sitting against the edges of the tent this was just after I rotated them.

15. I'm impressed with their growth.
    Gave some big bloom ( organic ) in their last feed and they seem to like it

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

17. they are deffinatly vigorous plants. can take a beating and still spring back keep up the good work

18. Ran into some more issues. Not sure what I'm dealing with here though ? Any ideas? It could be my ph but I have been giving them tap water this whole time and it's ph is about 7-7.3. ( I do test the water each time I just have nothing to lower it)
    I have only gave them one dose of organic ( fox farm big bloom ) but this has a very low npk level. Yesterday I topped their soil in their pots and added some bio max peat ship compost and then mixed some compost into 2 cups of water and gave it a dose of that too hoping to get it some nutrients and lower the soil ph. This is what she is looking like now ( this is right after turning lights on, photo taken in white lights - I kept the full spectrum one off for the photo )

Attached Files:

19. apple cider vinegar will lower ph