My First Grow/ Tent/CFL

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Eddyshore, Feb 10, 2011.

1. So I got some seeds from an online back..I germinated 2 seeds using the paper towel method. One is a Female Seeds Northern Lights, the other is Greenhouse Seeds The Church both are feminized in a 36"x24"x63" grow tent. Both popped in 24 hours and were put in a keg cup with Organic potting soil. On Feb 2nd both seeds sprouted. Since then they have been under 200w of 6500k CFL , and 50w t5 5500k on 24/7 light cycle. They were place about 2 inches from the bulbs and after one week I have this ....
    The Church
    [​IMG]

TheNL
    [​IMG]

My questions are this how do they look?
    When should I put them into their 3 gallon smart pots ?
    Is it possible to be too bushy ? Seems like there is no stretch.
    Should I scrooge,top, trim ?

The more advice the better and I will probably turn this into a journal so please follow along . This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and I want to thank everyone in advance for posting there info for others to work off .

E

2. Looking good so far. I would transplant as soon as possable. You will be surprised how fast roots grow.

3. They look great. I like how you elevate them with Disney princess DVDs. I heard action movies have a fuller spectrum, though.

All joking aside, that leaf curling is probably because they're too hot.

4. plants look great. Bushy plants are fine man. Ibo is right, the leaf curling is more than likey from heat. try backing the light off a little bit. in my opinion the bushier the plant the better.
    Best of luck!

5. ahhhhh their burning!:mad:

6. Nah. Thats extreme. They'll burn when they're finished, thats for sure.:smoke:

But for now just get a fan going over your canopy or Keep your cfl three or four inches away if you don't have good airflow. If you get that fan, you should be able to put the light an inch or two away.

Or maybe the problem is just that your grow box gets too hot during the day. I just realised that the curling is most extensive on the bottom leaves.

What are your temps?

7. Hey Thanks for all the help, The talk of burning is very interesting...In my tent I have a sensor for an indoor/outdoor thermometer that records the daily high and low temps . The tent is a steady 77 degrees with the high being 78 and the low being 76 though out a 24 hour period . The leaves themselves have never touched the bulbs. So how can they be burnt? Any ideas ?

8. Hmm. Where in your tent is the thermometer located?

Is the air circulating by a fan?

9. The thermometer is located right next to the cups . I do not have a fan in the tent (for circulation) yet as I thought it was over kill. Will adding the fan drop the internal temperature of the tent ? Because my temps right now are dead on . I guess a small house fan on low would work ? I'm thinking of transplanting one of the plants tonight . Any tips on the safest way to go from keg cup to smart pot ?