My first grow... Super excited.... NORTHERN LIGHT FEMINIZED SEEDS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Doeboy833, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Starting my first grow, bought garden of ease BY SUNLEAVES Hydroponics, have 5 (feminized seeds) Northern Lights... Plan on using rock wool for germination, hydroton for the transplanting and leaving the plants there, will drain and fill water with nutes, every 12 days, move lighting as usual, lightbulb gives off 3880 lumens, just one bulb for 4plants in a small area,

2. I'll be watching. Good luck.

3. Thanks man, i appreciate it fellow stoner.... Pics will eventually be posted, iPads don't run the same as laptops so I gotta fix my laptop to post pics

Any growing advice? Tips??

4. No advice at the moment since I've never used that system. I am a dirt guy but am going to try some bubbleponics or DWC.
    Check out my NL dirt grow if you have a second. I use my iPad and iPhone to post everything. Let me know if you need help using it.

5. Gotta love Northern Lights

Subbed!

6. Yes, please tell me how to post attachments via iPad

7. Damn...
    Thanks for the love fellow smokers, I'm getting more and more stoked for all this as the days pass... Ordered seeds already now I am planning on completing the grow room setup and buying nutes, any suggestions??

And yes, Northern Lights is the bees knees!!!!!!!

8. Just hit the arrow and hit reply.
    Than hit the plus sign after you write your message or before it doesn't matter. Than attach from photos. Once done hit back to the message and post. You will not see the pictures in the message until you publish it.

Attached Files:

9. I'm using an iPad bro, not the same as iPhone,

10. I have an iPad as well it is the same as the iPhone. Have you downloaded the app? Or are you using safari?

11. #11 Refer Happiness, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
    Im also new to growing. I was recommended to use the lucas formula 2 part (micro/bloom). It only requires to different bottles making it a very cheap, simple method that also has very amazing results. The only real issue that some people mention with the lucas formula is that some strains often show cal/mag deficiencies which can easily be fixed with a bottle of cal/mag.

Heres is a really good thread which goes into more depth about it and how it works.
    Lucas Formula

But do some research, check it out. There is a bunch of different recipes out there which most even come with feeding schedules you can find on the manufactures website. The lucas formula is very basic which I mainly use because i'm not yet experienced enough to start mixing my own recipes and also don't want to go through the trouble of storing numerous nutrient bottles.

12. Using safari.... No idea of app man.. Ha

13. Heck yeah man they have a free app for grass city. Download that bad boy and it will make life alot easier.

14. [quote name='"Donk0420"']Heck yeah man they have a free app for grass city. Download that bad boy and it will make life alot easier.[/quote]

image-3297013002.png

image-2046975459.png

Simple setup, more pics to come, still need to purchase Humidifier, two oscillating fans, and paint the room but I'll be growing to plants from the reservoir, Northern Lights

15. Nice, is that a closet? Looks perfect, hows the air flow?

16. [quote name='"Refer Happiness"']Nice, is that a closet? Looks perfect, hows the air flow?[/quote]

Airflow is good
    To the left of the closet there is a small hole where fresh air comes through, works fine... Waiting on seeds and buying nutes

17. Don't forget some fans of course and fresh air in and old air out. How much longer till veg?

18. Got some nutes and grow medium!!!!!!! GETTING STEPS CLOSER

19. image-1320708512.png

image-2065721292.png

Nutes and media I bought....

20. Very nice that's a nice base for veg and flower. I would pick up some Advance Nutrients big bud as an additive. It's pretty cheap and will help in density and weight during flower and you will need a PH tester for the water. I picked up this one for $8.00 on amazon.

Attached Files: