My first grow, South Africa, Durban Poison (maybe)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OkayOK, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Finally, after a week of heavy rain and no sun, they are basking in it again IMG_20181222_101429.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. After a week of rain, we had one day of sun, and then the rain returned. A lot of leaves have yellowed and died in the last week, mayby 15 in total, all from the bottom nodes. If I take the bag she is in and tie it around the stem, would this help keep the soil dry? IMG_20181223_175058-01.jpeg IMG_20181223_175114-01.jpeg IMG_20181223_175122.jpg

3. Is there any way you can put up a quick lean to using a tarp? Seems like your plant may be getting drowned. I'm not sure about tying the bag up to help keep water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. I have a 5 person tent, if this rain goes on, I might put the tent up, and place them inside, I have a few Led lights that I could put up. I am not sure what effect it will have on the plants putting them indoor for a while

• Like Like x 1
  5. #65 GrowAtHome, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    It may be a lot of work, but can you tote them in and out between rain storms? I'm not sure the weather you're having, so I don't know how constant the rain is VS the amount of sunlight.

I'm not sure the effect going from natural light and free air to LED and stagnant air would be. That's one reason I said Tarp. That way it can be put up and taken down pretty easily. I'd be scared to make such a change. May shock the plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yep I'd say have 6mil poly and frame structure set up because once it is late in flower you will need it to keep em dry and will be able to pull it on and off as needed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah, will have to find some transparent or opaic plastic so it does not block out the light

8. If youre growing outside how come youre doing LST, why not just top,trim and let them grow? I always thought people used LST because of lack of space ? I've never done LST but i always top and prune and my plants end up pretty bushy as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Most plants I just top, the one you are seeing being LST is an experiment. I see that people do scrog outdoor grows, and some articles I have read say the LST on an outdoor grow increase yield. The DP that this thread is about was LST, then the stem cracked, so it has been released and the cracks have healed. The Skunk, which I am LSTing is doing really well with it. I have other Skunk plants from the same batch that are not. I will weigh the yields, see if there was a difference and report back when the time come.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Here in North America we have what is called super six poly vapour barrier that is dirt cheap but in my searching I found nothing like it

• Like Like x 2
  11. I'll be interested to see what the results are, keep us posed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Weather looking up. Most nights still have rain. Going to give them their much needed nuts, and cover the soil when the rain comes again. IMG_20181224_075126.jpg

13. Was not the sunniest day, and there is a storm rolling in. To keep the soil dry I have done this hack. Looking for greenhouse plastic to create a shelter IMG_20181224_153621.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Happy Christmas everyone, just turned the 25th here, still smoking the same seedy shit. Can't wait to have my own grown buds. IMG_20181225_000045.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am starting to prepare for harvest as my budget is not big and need to start getting the items that I need. I know that everyone says that I should get mason jars, but I can pick up 6 of these plastic jars, for the price of a single Mason jar. Is there any reason I cannot use this? IMG_20181227_163937.jpg

16. You want glass. Even old ceramic crocks. Plastic affects the taste and smell.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Though as much. Your first grow is fucking expensive. Luckily you can reuse the soil and jars for your second grow