My first grow so far!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by namenlos923, May 25, 2011.

1. Here is my plant. It's just some random bagseed I got from a buddy. It's under a 26w daylight CFL 6500K. It's about a month and half old. It has been topped once. I used soil from my back yard since this was just an experiment grow. I think it looks good even though at one time it had some burn damage to it because my dog knocked the lamp over onto it, and my dog has bit random leaves off of it twice. Now it's where the dog can't get to it. Just wondering how it was looking so far.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Ccoastal, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    ...small... A month old? Try getting a light splitter and throwing another bulb on it

Also what medium are u usin? Looks a little soft and mud-prone

3. it's just normal soil from my backyard. i noticed that it would get really hard when it dried out, and it stays wet for a while so i'm assuming it's got some clay in it. next time i grow, i plan to fox farm ocean floor soil.

4. #4 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah FFOF is bomb. They look small for their age but look good. You should add more light tho. More light the better. You can always transplant it into FFOF if you have it already. She'll love it when she gets in it and you might see amazing growth

5. Also, like the Irken Army icon! Sweet

6. If u don't wanna buy soil this time around u could amend some more and transplant into that, just mix in some dolomite lime, or some clean sand. u want it so that u can pour water in and it won't sit on the surface at all but go right in and drain easily also some vermiculite so it holds the nutes u give it

7. i think i'm going to buy some perlite soon to add to the soil. i've noticed the stem turn purple in spots. it's not a really dark purple, but it's definitely purple. I don't think you can see that close in those pictures though. oh! and i have another light i'm going to put on it. the cfl i bought came in a two pack, i just didnt have anything to put the light in.
    @greenbudguy: thanks. i love invader zimi have it tattooed to my leg!

8. #8 Ccoastal, May 27, 2011
    For the light try gettin a splitter that makes one bulb two, as for the stem turning purp if it's not from getting cold it could be from a phosphorus deficiency, if ur already giving it plenty of P your ph could be too low, try mixing 1 tbsp of baking soda into a gallon of water and pour it over ur soil, don't folar feed, ur not treating the plant ur treating the soil and it would clog the pores of the leaves

9. #9 greenbudguy, May 27, 2011
    Some stains have some purple in their stems. I've seen it in my bagseeds and a couple of my friends strains. Splitters are really cheap. I think about $2 each. I'll split the first splitter so I can put 4 CFLs into one fixture.

I love smoking and watching Zim. I'll watch a season at a time haha. Ever heard of Johnny the homicidal maniac?

10. #10 Ccoastal, May 27, 2011
    True but the only time it should happen is in the late stages of flower or after being exposed to colder temps "frostbiting" the bud

11. @greenbudguy: i have not heard of Johnny the homicidal maniac, but i'll look it up lol

i don't think it's ever been that cold to frost bite the plant. it's been inside all it's life. the ph level of my soil is actually kinda high. around a 7.7, and i have only fed it extremely limited amounts of miracle grow nutes twice.

12. #12 Ccoastal, May 27, 2011
    Ya that's pretty high, enough to lock out nutes, to lower it mix a cup of vinegar to a gallon of water and pour across the soil vinegar has a low ph like 3.3 it will lower ur ph, a high ph can be caused by watering too often and not givin it enough drying out time between waterings, causing the soil to not be able to 'reset' itself

13. #13 greenbudguy, May 27, 2011
    Its a comic he did before invader Zim. I have Johnny tattooed

14. i'll definitely read up on Johnny, and i'll also mix in some vinegar with my water. i'll keep ya updated

15. #15 greenbudguy, May 29, 2011
    What does vinegar do?

16. #16 Ccoastal, May 29, 2011
    Vinegar lowers ph, it's acidic at a ph of 3.3 usually. Adding it to water lowers the ph of ur soil, adding baking soda raises the ph I don't remember what it's ph was but I'm thinkin it was 8.9

17. #17 greenbudguy, May 29, 2011
    Sweet. I think I might try and raise the Ph in my mother. She is around 6.2

18. #18 Ccoastal, May 29, 2011
    Add 1 tbsp per gallon and pour over the soil, don't folar feed, ur treatin the soil after all and the baking soda will clog pores

19. #19 greenbudguy, May 29, 2011
    I gave her a flush with some RO water and super thrive and she looks a lot better. The Ph is now 6.6