My first grow set up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jakr, Nov 15, 2017.

1. I am planning on buying the equipment I need tomorrow. I am completely new to growing cannabis or any other plant for that matter. I am hoping to grow 3-4 plants. What really confuses me is the nutrients and what the best soil is to use, I would appreciate if someone could get back to me with nutrients and everything else that I have missed out. I have set a budget of $400.

From what I have read I am planning to use coco. I know I have missed out a lot of things like the best plant pots with draining holes. I am hoping you can give me some advice on that. I am preferably looking for a sort of all in one nutrient as it's all a bit confusing which I hope to understand fully in time.
    I am planning on buying these items;

50x50x100 grow tent

400W LED -

Carbon FIlter

PH Tester -

Thermometer/Hydrometer -

2. Just be aware that the LED panel you showed is only actually around 150 watt.

“The Actual Power, 150W±5% ,”

J

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you plan on growing in coco, make sure you know how to grow in coco - it's not like soil at all.
    The simplest and most economical is a powdered nutrient - I use GH MaxiBloom from start to finish at a strength of 7 grams per gallon of tap water for a mature plant - cost = $0.11 per gallon. If you decide on something else, just make sure that it's coco specific. Good luck. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aright thanks guys. So that wouldn’t work for 3-4 plants?
    Thanks so any specific type of plant pot to use? Just a regular pot with holes in the bottom?

5. Those lights are only good for one plant. Any plastic pot will do as long as it has holes for good drainage. You can get by with a smaller pot with coco because it's fed daily and the roots don't have to search for food - 2-3 gallons is good unless you plan on vegging for 6 months.

6. Thank you I won’t go with the LED lights then.

8. General Hydroponics Floranova bloom is a great single bottle nutrient for start to finish cannabis growing. It's 4% calcium 2% magnesium in the bottle so you typically don't need a cal/mag supp and with the extra cal/mag it works good with coco. GH maxibloom dry is a cheaper alternative.

I would recommend fabric pots over any plastic pot with the exception of airpots. Those may be the best pots available but they are a little spendy. I use smart pot brand fabric pots. I veg in 3 gallon and finish in 7 gallon.

Promix brand HP is a great coco alternative and behave much more like soil then other hydro mediums. It may be the best for a beginner to use. It's essentially like barren soil. It still contains dolomite lime for some ph buffering. You don't have to be quite as accurate as you do with other hydro mediums.

Having good light is extremely important. If you want some of the best lights you can buy right now for the price check out the Horticultural Lighting Group selection at growerslights.com. Pay attention to the recommended bloom area of the light fixture and purchase something that's capable of filling your space.
    Horticulture Lighting Group

Mars has the new eco series for replacing their older 300w models. $69.
    Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Thank you

10. Looks good. Good luck with your grow. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Thanks man. Appreciate the help!