My first grow set up Full journal grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roccus, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Got 2x Meizhi 450s- 120ea + 1x UF UFO80-$400+ 1x-Nextlight Mini-$440=$1050 Lights only..LMAO
    Gonna have to revise my own figures..more like 2k now..:p
    BUT..BUT..BUT..I veg in a spare Bath Tub and a spare closet..FREEBIES LOL
    My shot at perpetual growing..
    8-13-17 supercropped.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I hung my lights... I don't trust the bar the lights hang from the weight of them makes the pole bow a bit and if you pull on the ratchet hangers it looks scary. I think I will make some beefier polls. Also I don't think I like the ratchet hangers so I think I will use chain instead. Should the exhaust go out a top side vent or through the tent ceiling vent?

3. If that is a Vivosun 3x3, it is the same one I have..The support brackets are strong enough for my own 2 lights (Nextlight is light weight, the Unit Farm Not so much..) No problems with either the poles or the hangers..
    Note: with my 1st grow, I had 2x Meizhi 450's in the tent..no problems 22lbs and would take lots more.

As far as the exhaust goes, usually higher is better..Hot air rises, but humid air sinks..Up to you..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes a 3 X 3 Vivosun... right now I have them both hanging from the same poll so just 1 or those ratchets for each light but the lights spin around all over the place. I got some chain today so I will now have 2 chains on each light with a chain going from each end of the light to the 2 polls so now they will not spin around and the weight will be distributed between the 2 polls....

Was not sure on the exhaust.. to go out the ceiling of the tent would need a 90* bend and thought that may not be best as it could slow air flow down?? I picked a 6" exhaust fan... I am worried about air intake though, it is very dusty here where I live so thinking of maybe coming up with a way to maybe use a furnace filter for the intake to help keep dust out of the tent..... I will take a pic a bit latter this evening and post it of what my set up will be, I built a trellis with 2 1/2 squares for training, I just need to string it up now my wife has bags of left over yarn I will use

5. I've been using a 7" round car (fits in the 8" opening) for some filtering..($16 at Wally World)..works ok but I am in N Nevada..half the desert winds up in my house..I also have a few Hepa filters here..
    Bends do affect the air movement..90 is about the worst..I just have my fan outside the tent and an end of the ducting poking thru the tent?

Why use only one support pole? I always use both that cam with mine..Have been looking for ages for additional support poles..(You can use the 2 velco straps that came with the tent to hang the filter from one of the actual top poles.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Subbed into this ! Good luck looks like a nice little set . Check out my journal I'm about to harvest any day .

.LED 300 w 4x2x5 WW.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. I actually have thought about putting the exhaust fan outside the tent and like you just stick some duct inside I was thinking of building a shelf to store water nutes and other supplies on. I plan to build it so the top shelf is even with the tent outlet so I can just sit the fan right on the top shelf...

Desert dust is the worst!! I think I will go to the hardware store and look at furnace filters then build a box out of plywood with 3 sides open to put the filters on with a piece of duct going from the box into the tent......

8. #28 Buzzer777, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Man..THE ABSOLUTE WORST OF THE WORST! Ever hear of Burning man? It is in the Black Rock Desert near Reno..We are talking worse than the worst!! People buy bicycles and ditch them before going home..uncleanlable except by PROs!!!
    Not being wood handy, I bought metal ones to hold my stuff..Lots of stuff..LOL:eek::eek2::eek:
    Nutes.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will check your journal out in a bit... Maybe I should start one after my seeds germinate??
    I can't say when seeds will get here I ordered from 2 different banks one in canada and the other in NL, both banks have shipped them out so they are on the way.....

10. I BET on Canada..I have lived in Nevada for 35+ yrs and have never bet on anything..LMAO

11. Well I got some lumber kicking around out in the garage so to save a few bucks I will build one so they may come! lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here are some pics of my set up I know hights and stuff will need to be adjusted I built the trellis so I can adjust the hight I have 5 gal pots in there now and I can go as low as 1" from the top of the pots up 12" above the pots....

Looks like some sort of weird punishment room lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nice work..Only thing I would add are Yo-Yo hangers to raise and lower the lights..
    Here you can get ONE set FREE!!! No Catches either..They are a GC sponsor too:)
    Unitfarm Ratchet hanger for sale,buy Unitfarm Ratchet hanger

Like you I made my Scrog net adjustable..The legs on mine are 18" high now but I can always change them out..:)

Scrog2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Awesome...I actually need a couple of them myself! Thanks

Fem Auto (Amnesia Haze) Come on in and share your auto grow! This is my first

Bag seed grow journal (Flowering)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Also..your fan (Vornado is great) but needs to point at the canopy with another clip on 6" fan ($9 at Wally World) pointed underneath for good air circulation..I leave all my fans (2x 6" + 1x 6" exhaust) on 24x7..RH until last few wks of flower should be between 40-50%..after that lower the better..(no problem foe us here..LOL)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Great idea with PVC :hello:... I have some square tubeing kicking around and a welder so that is what I used to make mine

And free just can not beat that deal!!! Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yea I plan to get a fan to suck air in through a filter and blow it underneath for circulation and to help keep things cool

18. Looks like you've got a good set up. I remember how excited I was when my equipment came in. I'm on my first grow right now and it's really been a good experience. You'll learn quite a bit from experience as you go. Good luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Just wait til you harvest and start a new grow..You will see and notice stuff you never did before..:)

• Like Like x 3
  20. I'm really hoping I have a harvest for the holidays