My First Grow...Questions!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 97LScoupe, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Ok so this is going to be my first grow. I have been doing research on all different type of growing methods, nutes, etc. I ended up getting Emily's Garden(in case you dont know, it's a aeroponic setup). I read that it is best to stick with 2-3 plants with this setup because of how shallow the resivor is.
    It came with everything minus ventilation equipment and lighting. I also still need to pick up some pH UP and pH Down.
    Ok so I am going to start off by soaking the rockwool starter cubes for 24 hours in water with a pH of 6. Is that to high or low? After I soak the cubes, and am ready to germinate, do I rinse with a 1/2 strength nute solution?
    For my nutes, it came with FloraNova Grow 7-4-10 and FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7. I also picked up a bottle of Grow Natural Humboldt Nutrients 3-1-3. If I do rinse the cubes with 1/2 strength solution, do I only use the Grow and Humboldt or do I also add the Bloom in just for rinsing?
    Once I put the sprouted seedlings into my setup, should I start out with 1/2 strength solution or full? And when do I use the Humboldt Nutes? Veg stage or Flowering, or what?
    As my feeding schedule will go, I am planning on keeping the tank topped off with solution for a week, and every week I will flush out the resivor.
    I am just trying to get everything right BEFORE I start so I don't get stuck with my thumb up my a$$. Any advice/answers is greatly greatly appriciated.
    Is there anything I should change or not do or what? Opinions please. :wave:
    Thank You!

2. Anyone have any advice??

3. Hey bro IMHO You are starting with the most difficult medium of growing. I have only cloned with aeroponics and I had trouble. Therefore I am no expert in aero and am afriad I can't be of incredible help. I do know however that you want to keep the pH between 5.2-5.8. You will probably need a good digital pH meter that also does PPM/EC. Speaking of PPM I really don't know the answer to your nute questions but I do think the initial PPM should be around 300-500. If anyone else with more hydro experience wants to chime in please feel free. Also check out the hydro section here. There are some good threads on feeding schedules etc. Good luck bro.

4. Thx for the reply. I ended up soaking the rockwool cubes in 1/4 nute solution with a pH of around 5 - 5.5. Now I have 3 seeds inside the cubes right now in a humidity dome. I have the rest of my setup ready to move them into once they sprout. I'll add some pics once they sprout. If anyone else has any advice on my grow please feel free to help me out. All the help is appreciated a lot.