My first grow question.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloud10_2003, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ok so i have my soil ready .. i have a 6 gallon bucket i drilled holes in the bottom for drainage im gonna elevate it some on a wood thing i made and put a bag under it and change the bag every week i have a northern lights from nirvana seed coming in the mail and a afghan kush x white widow seed coming from attitude so...my question is about my lights how do i get 4 cfl lights like to hang from a string or whatever so i can elevate and bring it down if you know what i mean...ive been reading alot of posts but i havent been able to find one...sorry for the essay and shit lol

2. use a snake power adapter and get 4 light to outlet plugs they are like 2 bucks a pop, then elevate the snake power adapter with a rope simple enough

3. thank you <3 i love you lololol

4. or elevate pots with books or something. I did. Works. Use 4 bulb bathroom fixture. Can split each socket if you want too.

5. For my lights I bought pig-tail lights and some plywood. I cut the piece of plywood to cover the opening in the top of my box, and then used a hole-saw to drill/cut a hole for each pig-tail light. Then I simply slipped pig-tail into a hole with the wires coming out the top, and used hot glue to glue them in place, silicon caulking would also be viable. Total cost was ~ 25 bucks.

6. How many watts are the lights and what spectrum do they need to be For vegging and flowering ?

7. im using 4 23watt cfl lights for the entire grow..its only one plant lol

8. That's more than enough; just make sure you have 2500k and 6500k mixed in there, to give a more accurate light spectrum. I'm rocking 2 50 watt one of each on my grow, and they worked just fine. I'm doing a micro-grow however so I can keep the plant very close to the bulbs.

9. see but heres the problem im having i looked for what everyone said but in my house for some odd reason theres no light bulb on the roof of the room im using like christmas lights hung all around my room for light at night and those are plugged into a wall socket...theres no other way i can do this like? is there something that i can connect to an extension cord...then add the 4 light splitters and connext them and make it work?