My first grow plans, Please critique

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by redmondbrewer, Feb 21, 2015.

1. After much appreciated advice and research from grasscity forums, I have developed a plan for my first outdoor grow.  Please give it a look and tell me what you think and make any constructive criticism you see fit.

-I plan on vegging my plants indoors on an 18/6 cycle prior to moving them outside
    -I will harden my plants before I move them into my greenhouse (where they will stay for the entire grow).
    -Before I move my plants from the inside to the outside I plan on decreasing the light exposure by 20 minutes a week from 18/6 until I match the light:dark cycle outside (15:30/5:30).

The thought is that after the summer solstice the plants will start to flower? The seeds I have say that their flowering time is 9-10 weeks, does this mean that my plants will be done in 9-10 weeks (August 21st)?  August 21st seems awfully early.  I haven't' researched the nutrition addition intricacies of growing yet but plan to, 

Any comments are greatly appreciated....Thanks

2. Dont worry about light, you can veg them 24 and toss them in the greenhouse, the plants do not care and are not that fussy.

Outdoor plants flower when the damn well feel like it, last year I harvested in late September to October in Washington state.

Big fuckers. 6-8 foot sticky monsters.

3. 12/12 light cycle is what you need for flowering, will there be only 12 hours of sun after the summer soltice where you are?

4. Where I live the solstice is almost 16 hour days , plant will flower with a bit over 12 hours a day. Here the days dont get 12/12 till the 20th of september and the plants are in full flower.

Find how long your days are here.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Dur_OneYear.php

Like I said the plants will flower when they want to.

5. I thought flowering occurs as soon as the plants start to experience shorter days...I don't get to 12/12 until mid September.

6. I forgot to mention that I plan on growing my plants indoors with cfls for 1.5 months prior to moving them into the greenhouse.

7. Yeah they won't start flowering til then most probably, have you considered autos if they'll be indoors under lights anyway

8. I will try autos next year probably.  I was given some good seeds this year and didnt want to spend the money for autos

9. I hear ya man but it's false economy a few quid on seeds to save a fortune on green

10. I'm assuming your conditions are similar to mine in Cntrl Oregon.  Did you start inside?  How long did you grow inside before moving them to the outside?  When did you move them outside?

11. I had some in the greenhouse late april and by May set out a whole bunch. We planted tomatoes in the ground in april but be wary of frost, have a plan, keep milk jugs of water next to the plants and have some plastic to cover them in case of a late frost.

I had some started in march so if you started indoors today it would not be a bad thing.

Get it up and get it on bro...