My first grow (planning stage)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vince0, Sep 11, 2009.

1. #21 vince0, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2009
    This is her, about 1.5 weeks after the last picture!
    [​IMG]
    I can enjoy myself just watching her grow little by little.

Anyways, the problem is, the new set of leafs is starting to expand, but one of the two is shorter, as you might see in the pic. And, this morning she was 'sleeping' or something. When I checked she was laying flat on the ground, but after some water she's strong again!

Probably because my light wasn't good one day and didnt turn on?
    This is the light by the way, it's huge! And it keeps the area between 22 and 26 celcius.
    [​IMG]

Reactions?

2. #22 vince0, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
    And here is she now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going good I guess, a little slow tough, but she looks healthy!

Peace,
    Vince0

3. She's stretching, put the lights closer. You want them as close as possible. As long as you can hold your hand between bulb and plant, you're safe. I encourage stretch because I scrog my plants but when I don't want stretch, I keep the flouro's about 2.5-3.5 inches away.

You're on your way!!

4. Thanks LBG!

I have a question tough, the second set of leaves have purple haired branches. It's kinda is weird, but when i look close there are tiny little purple spots, looking like hairs.

Is it weird? the genetics? stress? nutes?

ciao
    vince

5. Pic?

also, do you plan to transplant that when it gets a little bigger? You want to use a soil w/ good drainage. I don't see any perlite or vermiculite (the white pebble stuff) in your soil. If not, throw a couple earthworms in there so they can create tunnels which will help with aeration (their poop is also like gold for soil).

6. LBH,

I'm not going to change the pot, but the medium is coconutfiber, which is good I suppose? But I'll probably throw some earthworms in sometime.

One more question.

THE outer tips of the leafs turned a little white on a few leafs (like 2 leafs). What does this mean? I did just start the LST, does it have anything to do with that?

7. eya,

Back with pictures!

This is how she looks with the low stressing (second step)
    [​IMG]

One little problem tough, the out tips of the leafs are all a little white, and with some leafs even look burned? Altough the temp is between 22 and 28 celcius constanlty
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The five fingered leafs started showing, and I can see little hairs at every branch! At least, I suppose they're places where the flowers will be :p