my first grow(pics inside)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmanja420, Aug 14, 2007.

1. well heres my story along with questions and concerns about my first grow attempt

ive collected bagseed from over the years and had tried twice to artificially sprout them but with no luck..

after sitting around for 2 yrs, i found a bag of some 20 seeds in my closet, so i planted them all and to my surprise they started to sprout.

over the span of about 3 weeks i let them grow, 12 had sprouted and i was left with 4 which i transplanted into a better light source in the garden

well after getting excited about these little guys, i started to read on the net and learned that these guys were tall, skinny and small leafs from lack of light, i knew they needed atleast 12 hours or so, but were only getting maybe 5 or 6 hours

so i decided to set the 4 sprouts up in my closet so i could actually grow them.

i had done alot of reading and used this thread here: http://www.concept420.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4733&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

which helped alot

well my plants have been in my closet under 24/7 light for about 5 days after putting them into pots and burring the stems they have doubled in growth by alot.. they are under 2 13w cfl's, and 1 40wt soft bulb at the moment.. and a little fan for ventilation, the temp right now is just over 70'f

im saving up for veg plant food and 2 23w & 1 42wt cfl's, even thinking about making a reflector hood for the lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have a few concerns for this one pot though..

the one pot has 3 plants growing together.. when i first planted them in the garden it was for fun, diddnt think theyd grow,i put like 3 or 4 seeds in 7 seperate holes,these were all batched together.

i know this isnt good as it causes root binding etc and slow growth, but will they grow?

my main concern about these 3 is the smallest plant, should i kill this plant to allow more nutrients etc for the 2 bigger plants?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the single plant here in the left pot is growing fast and bushy and has lots of white hairs on its leavs and stems(can this be a female? [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

also on all plants there is some browning/yellowing at tips and tiny holes in some of the leafs.. i think i might have over-watered them when i first brought them inside, and with fresh tap water at that, now i use distilled .. what could be wrong,should i be worried about this?

also the soil im usuing is new, but is from outside as we had planted a vegtable garden for summer.. i had noticed a couple times little white critters in the soil, and on the single bigger plant, there was a green worm hanging on the lowest 'round' sprout leavs, i killed it.. ive been meaning to buy insecticide spray, will this kill them?

overall though i think im doing ok,but do any of you care to share opinions, concerns, advise? it will all be greatly appreciated!

thanks for reading looking forward to peoples thoughts[​IMG]

2. my plants have grown about half an inch since recent photo yesterday..

the yellowing looks like its going away somewhat.. i havnt seen any cirtters for awhile and still havnt bought insecticide soap spray..

but i noticed some purple/greyish areas on some of the upper leaves, could this be a deficiancy?

for veggin something like 20-5-5 would work good?? and flowering would be a 5-15-15?

we have some miracle grow for vegtables/tomatos upstairs, but its in a clear jar so i dont know what the specs are

while feeding the vegtables outside i once gave my plants a little blast each(when they grew in the garden), this was weeks ago

should i give them another blast untill i can afford better fert?

also, im still wondering about the small plant of the 3 in the 1 pot, should i kill it and allow the other 2 to grow more?

3. 1 plant per pot, no matter what.

This same problem happened to me: I had FOUR in the same pot (my own stupidity).

I had to manually separate the roots that were all fucking entangled. No kidding. It wasn't easy and they were all less than 2 weeks old from germing. Entanglement happens at a VERY fast rate...

Do yourself a favor and separate them all NOW before its too late. Transplanting is stressful enough on a seedling without pulling apart roots and breaking them while doing it.

Also, wait until the 3rd or 4th week before fertilizing, if you've fertilized already, then you should flush them with water that is around 6.5 on the PH scale.

Hope this helps,

Be safe and have fun!

Peace.

:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

4. heres an update, i killed off the 2 lower plants on plant 2, and ditched the foil..

i put the fan on high and set it up enough for both plants to recive a 'breeze' like effect

i havnt seen any critters either and browning and hyoles seemed to have stopped and started healing, i still plan on buying insecticide though

i also noticed with plant 1 that it started 'leaning' toward the cfl, so i set them up so each plant is right under each cfl and the bulb in the middle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in my closet i dont have walls just shelving fixtures so i made do with paper sheeting.. i also covered the door so the plants are surrounded by white

the cfl's dont emit alot of heat and the bulb is far away enough to not make the paper warm so its good - i know what im doing when it comes to fire hazards..

ive been saving for new cfl's and some better walling, gunna be a few more days untill i can get anything
    [​IMG]
    i also read somewhere that negative charged ions promate healthy growth, i have a salt lamp that does exactly that so i thought id throw it in as well
    [​IMG]
    and heres some pics of the plant tops under cfl's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    over all im pleased with my new setup and how my plants are progressing, especially for having no money and just shit laying around :)
    i sure do hope they turn out into females :D
    what do you guys think??