My first grow northern lights autoflowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dannyd4114, Jun 30, 2015.

1. First pic is Daenerys she is getting close I think I will be flushing her soon, second is Sansa her LST is doing great she it Goin to have at least 9 tops, third is margery she is doing OK she recovered from the super cropping very well, forth pic is catelyn and she is Goin to be really bushy I topped her main stem if she grows the way I think she will she might be my mother plant for a lil bit lol, fifth pic is Cersei her LST is Goin good trimmed some of her fan leafs off to let more light in, sixth pic is one of my Lil ones no name yet she is doing OK compared to the other ones in pic seven witch are the other new lil ones those ones are besides the tent because I don't have room in my tent for them lol

Attached Files:

2. looking good danny. are you flowering under a 6000k 'daylight' spectrum? ive read plenty of times that its great for vegging, but flowering is better with the warm white spectrum, 2700k maybe? around there anyways

3. The only flowering plants I have are under the led one will be done in a couple weeks and the other 2 have another month so when they are done the two beside the tent will go in the tent under the LEDS

4. Do you know what light spectrum the leds are in? Any chance of posting a pic with specs?

5. Led kick ass imo for dwc

6. I have 2 of these

Attached Files:

7. How u like them r they more for veg state or what your honest opion of these was thinking of buying these

8. They are awesome because if u are doing autoflowering there perfect because u have have half the tent flowering and the other half in veg they are full spectrum so no grow and bloom switch to deal with I recommend them for the people like me that can't go drop a grand on a high end led lol

9. What watts u use

10. Nice they work good

11. They work great I highly recommend them for there price on amazon

12. Ya I'm thinking going 2 600 route they got good reviews

13. Mars hydro is a awesome company they have good products

14. Ok so I flushed Daenerys today hoping to harvest in about 2 weeks

Has anyone hear tried the aquaponics with fish method of growing u have been researching that way for a couple weeks now and I think I have thought of my own way to make one just wondering if anyone out there has tried it?

15. Hey DD, been bouncing around lately and haven't stopped by. A general comment on training, partly because I can't remember when you did your super cropping. I use topping more than super cropping but just because that's my preference, SC is fine. But you have to do it while the plant is in veg for it to really be effective, likewise with topping, The idea is to build multiple "terminal" leaders at a node junction so the plant has more top colas. You really shouldn't do that when you are in bloom.
    But that's the beauty of LST. You can use it in veg, but what I really like is it works awesome when the plant starts its stretch, and you can continue it well into bloom until all major growth stops. Then just sit back and watch the buds get fat[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. On the one I super cropped in flowering it almost looks like she is done it's crazy

17. Yeah, thats the "old" Mars LED,that's how you got such a great price.It's a good system. Their new system is based upon a new 5watt chip per LED. I believe this is their smallest light, advertised as their 300 or400 I believe but 180 watts actual draw. MosDef not a 400. You got two, that's sweet. All things equal, get two lesser wattages and coverage will be better than one at twice the watts. And for mid range systems, Mars has a great reputation.

Personally, I've used HID's since electricity was invented, and plan to continue. But I have been looking at the new MARS 700Watt (actual 300 - 380 wats draw) to experiment with in my party tent. Sooner rather than later I need to get some hands-on with these puppies. Your light in their new series is $190; the 700 (300 - 380 actual draw) I'm looking at is $290. You can order factory-direct on here so I'm not breaking any Grass City rules talking stuff..
    Now, all the experienced LED growers I've visited with on here say the latest in LED's is Amare Technologies. Made in the USA, priced to show it, and probably worth the money if you got it. But here's what I find interesting... for years LED manufacturers have been touting an LED's ability to be tailored to the specific spectrums of light a plant needs. They claim this can be tailored so much more effectively that the lights are super efficient. In reality, most growers are finding better results mixing their LED's with CFL's, T-5 HO fluorescents, or traditional HID's,and getting great results.
    But the new hot craze, Amare Technologies included, is WHITE LED's. Daylight spectrum. Those who use them swear they are finally able to replace their HID's with LED's.
    So I'm gonna call up my old high school girlfriend and promise her once again that I won't @o%$ in her mouth and see if that still works. [​IMG]
    Then I'm gonna buy the new 5watt Mars Hydro 700, and wait for the white LED's to come waaayy down in price.
    And keep my HID's until somebody else proves all the expensive stuff is worth it
    Who knows, in 5 years I'll probably be back on here telling you guys how smart you were and what a dumb ass I was for waiting so long. Depends on how that call goes to my old girlfriend [​IMG]

18. So I was looking at margery with the Microscope and she looks like she is ready for harvest what do u guys think? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

19. Im no expert with this, but it looks like you could wait till theres more amber trichomes. Youll get a more head high from cloudy, and a more body stoned from amber. You can choose when you want to harvest based on that, but i think itll be worth waiting till at least a few are turning amber before you cut. Even if you want a head high, you should probably wait till you see a few amber to make sure its mature enough. If in doubt, cut when they're 50/50 cloudy amber