my first grow!! need tips!!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by tyler13_08, May 18, 2008.

1. hey guy this is my first grow and read alot of forms and kinda know how to grow but not sure if im doing things right so will u guys help out

soil-miracle grow potting soil
    water- regular water, water every 2 to 3 day
    temp-76-80deg
    seeds are from some good buds i got 1 day
    lights- 2 cfls both 26watts the light is hanging about 3in away
    please give me tips thanx

[​IMG]
    my lovley ladies

[​IMG][/IMG]
    my lights
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    my little lady
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    side view of the lovley ladies
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    side view of little lady

2. DO NOT USE MIRACLE GROW.

if you had read you would know first thing that that soil equals death for mj plants

3. also the light should be just 1-3 inches off the tops, esp. if its just 2 26 watt CFL`s

you will need alot more lights very soon

4. check out the pics

5. K well miracle grow soil sucks but it will work.... take and drop the lights and remove that metal reflector most the light comes out of the side of a cfls not the top, and dont grow them in the same container seperate them cuz there roots will tangle togeather and will eventually kill one of them. thats the help i can offer at the moment.

6. thanks for the tips i droped the light and took the reflector off

7. wat should i do to make my plants grow helthy

8. o and when should i top it or firm it ?

9. put them in seperate pots is a start, as for topping wait till the 4th node and only top if it has vigirous growth, and maybe think of more lights and some relfective material or just flat white paint or paper.

10. i got white paint and i will work on the sprate pots and lights. what type of reflective material should i use? when should i use nutes

11. o and my plants are 3 and a half weeks old

12. well flat white paint reflects light or you can go with mylar or if you wanna go really cheap you can go for tin foil some say it can cuase hot spots which is true with an hid light but not so true with cfls, different pots are a good idea as soon as possiable, and you can give them a small amount of nutes right now start at half or a quarter dose.

13. k thanks for the tips man i already got 1 separated and ill try to get the others and ill start to put some nutes thanx

14. You also want to keep one plant per pot. Something about the roots getting tangled up as they compete with each other for space.

Read Dier's fimming & topping guide in the beginners section. That will give you good background knowledge.

Enjoy your grow, the plants will tell you what they need, you just need to listen. You seem to be off to a good start, good luck.

15. i updaed my grow room i got more cfl and another fan heres some pics

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    this is the new girl hopefully

16. is that a paper plate seperating the two in the same pot? i dunno if thats a prime idea with it being paper and water getting put it, i guess it has a chance of rotting away.... just a thought but good job on more cfls keep em coming in further weeks

i just posted my journal no pic's yet but tonight there will be some you should check them out

17. ya thats a paper plate i just wanted to separate them so they didnt kill each other
    but ya i think its enough light now thanks for the tip cuz they were starten to droop
    but ya ill check em out