My First Grow - lotsa pics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gonnagrow, Jul 1, 2004.

1. No worries Lex glad you posted here. The plants just take time to grow especially depending on how much lighting you use, soil, fertilization, etc etc etc.

There are a lot of variables but take Tet's advice and get those plants in their own pots first ; ).

Look forward to your grow journal.

Gg

2. your lights are to far from the plants.. if u got flourecents, keep them inches away from the plant.. one more thing, is a seed per cup... so separate them... and u should start your own grow journal so we can help u more, and not worrying about the maker of these thread tripping on u....

3. Worried 1000W HPS is going to start a fire in the old wiring in this house. Am in the process of rewiring a 20 amp circuit that is turning out to be a LOT of work.

Updates soon with pics of babies and Girly flowering asap. Am planning on flowering the clones also dread, will post the mixture I am using for flowering when I get a spare minute.

Gg

4. Well, long time no post as it's been crazy busy here but here goes. Worked my ass off on the flowering room and rewired it . . . only to find in my newbishness it was WAY too small for a 1000W HPS (even with a 265cfm vent fan and floor fan added). Could barely keep the temp below 100 degrees F. Got it down to 93 or so with door open but thats not an option LOL.

Have started working on a new room in another area of the house and am planning on using the closet pic below for my new veg chamber.

With the amount of plants I have going there is no room anymore in my stealth chamber. It served its purpose but I see the need for a bigger spot.

Pic of flowering chamber - 1000W HPS, 265 cfm vent fan, floor fan and rewired socket (just too damn low a ceiling and not enough square footage)

Attached Files:

5. Seeing as though I have not been able flower Gilry as of yet (even though she has been repotted and is ready) I have spent some time working on her clones and the seed stock I recently aquired.

Below are three of the clones from Girly and the three Amsterdam Flame sprouts I managed to get rooted. One of the clones looks like it has a little heat stress, but they rooted nicely and are taking off.

Repotted in 2 liter soda bottles today.

Gg

Attached Files:

6. Here is the box of the other eleven that need to be repotted. Two of them are clones from Girly and the other nine are Bubblicious seeds (got 9 out of 10 to go nicely woohoo!)

Box of goodies lol

Gg

Attached Files:

7. Two minor issues . . . I actually believe this may be a problem I had with fungus on the taprrot if that makes any sense. I have had no other plants exhibit this leaf discoloration as of yet.

The ony other one that looked like it had hairs or something on the taproot in germination actually killed the coyledons very early and I just threw it away.

Leaf Problem . .

Gg

Attached Files:

8. A second little problem . . . was away a couple days and 2 plants dried out a bit much while in the small 16oz cups. Seems as though this looks like heat stress to me when the plant was maller but it's growing out of it. Any thoughts? Thanks all in advance . .

Gg

Attached Files:

9. so glad you re back i really like your grow journal its very interesting!!

cant help you really with those minor problem but here you re in good hand and so far your plants are awesome!

naomi
    -xx-

10. PIC 1 - OK, it's been a busy two weeks and I'm still behind but here are the long overdue plants to be repotted in 3 gallon containers (5 female clones from Girly, 3 amsterdam flame and 9 Bubblicious). They are a lot taller than I wanted them to get but will hopefully LST, top, scrog or clone them soon after repotting.

Going into new veg room also, three double tube fluoro fixtures (40w/bulb so 240w total). Need more vertical space as you can see. The soil mix I have used has made a major impact on growth speed this time around imho, could be better knowledge on my part as well too /shrug

PIC 2 - FINALLY, new flower chamber with Girly under 1000w hps. No idea if I will even get it to work, but it's the only area large and stealthy enough for the job. 7' long x 4' wide x 7' tall. Damp area, though hope it will dry some over time with heat and ventilation . . . yes that's a dirt floor LOL.

PIC 3 - 265cfm venting light heat outside, intake is from outside as well on other side of room.

PIC 4 - 20amp circuit, power strip and timer for light, exhaust fan and floor fan. 87% humidity UGGH and 73 degrees not bad. Big problem in first flower chamber was overheating.

PIC 5 - Girly finally starting proper flowering. She has been outside for 12 days in very, very poor sunlight and looking very lanky, but still very healthy. She looked more lively even after an hour or so under the hps. Lotsa bud sites, I may even clone a few more before full blown flowering starts.

Thanks for lookin and more soon . .

Gg

EDIT - maximize the picture when it opens in second window, they look lots better . . . btw HATS OFF to the new site look/setup it's just great!

Attached Files:

11. Nother quik update after much work.

PIC 1 - All 17 plants repotted and in new veg room. 11 in 3 gallon pots, the other 6 are in 2 liter soda bottle pots ( ran out of soil mix LOL ).

PIC 2 - View of whole veg room. 15amp circuit, three fluoros (240W/14000 lumens total), room fan and vent fan in back wall. Plenty o' room now weeeeeeeeee!

PIC 3 - Shot of the greenery.

There is some leaf yellowing from lack of light/overcrowding from previous veg chamber and they are looking a bit tall and lanky. Will LST a few and take clones from others after sexing. Three chambers finally (clone/veg and flower).

Gg

Attached Files:

12. Last update for a few days but will be around posting and such on other threads I'm sure. Wanted to show what soil base I use and the lighting I chose for the fluoro fixtures.

PIC 1 - Premier Pro-mix potting soil. Use as base for my soil mixture and also proven well for cloning/sprouts/seedlings.

PIC 2 - potting soil composition, have not used any lime whatsoever yet as the mix contains limestone.

PIC 3 - The fluoro bulbs I use. Philips Daylight Deluxe, 40W, 2325 lumens, 84 cri and 6500k color temp. Gives off very blue light plants love them.

I also found a medical bulb as an alternative to the Daylight Deluxe, far more expensive ($15 each), that is full spectrum with the exact same specs as above but with a 94 cri. Much better bulb imho but I cant afford 6 of those at the moment lol. Maybe more lumens also will have to recheck.

All is coming along, will post again when Girly starts showing some flowers or something. Take care all and thanks for lookin' . .

Gg

Attached Files:

13. your coming along nicely..........laters........ :smoking:

14. Looking very good. I have the exact same phillips daylight deluxe lights. I also have a red spectrum bulb ment for fish tanks. It evens out nicely. Your girly looks very flush, she will have so many bud sites by the looks of it. She's not as bushy as she once was though, that's probably because of the stretching. Well, whatever the cash, you're looking fool proof right now. Good luck man.

15. Wow, open the the attachment above of Girly at the same time if possible. 3 days growth on her in flowering under 1000W HPS, finally she's started and preflowers filling in already. I need to lock the door and leave her alone I'm gonna be impatient ; D lol.

Gg

Attached Files:

16. Some LST in the veg chamber. Did all 17 and fucked up on 2 stems eek . . both Bubblicious. They may live and are not too bad but they are definitely pinched 8 ( /smack self.

Going to add a 4th fluoro I think will give me 320W and 18600 lumens. Still short of what I should have and would like but will have to do atm.

Gg

Attached Files:

17. Seems the stress of LST yesterday caused another plant stem to stress, bent completley over and pinched in one spot . . . . one of the 3 flames too arrgg. Makes three I fucked up but the two I did last night are continuing to grow lol. We shall see . . .

Pic of badly bent stem, it's supported now and I'm leaving it bent will see what happens.

Gg

*EDIT* - Top pic in post above, left plant front is the one that's stem fractured on it's own (pictured here). That pic was last night after I first tied them down bleh.

Attached Files:

18. you rough basterd.....lol...Hi Gg looks good.....im not doing any LST on my soil grow im trying out another way dont now if you have heard of it....when i repot for flower i just put the plant at an angle.....laters jay

19. brutal man, I hope they make a recovery.

20. They'll pull through alright ;)
    Good luck!
    CWL