My First Grow - lotsa pics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gonnagrow, Jul 1, 2004.

1. HOLY SHIT LOL. This is 24 hours of growth after tying the females top down. She actually bent the twist tie I used to hold her down lol! Had to readjust it a bit but she is looking even more lovely and bushy today.

Hat's off to dread, uno, sid etc etc you are all amazing and have made this grow a great learning experience and lots of fun!

PIC 32 - Female tied down (look at the bent stem and the position of the twist tie)

Attached Files:

2. Female after LST top view. I need to do some work getting the sun leaves out of the way of the bud sites but will work that out soon. I'm excited to see her bush out a little and my grow space height is low this will help tons!

LOL, yes this is the same plant in PIC 31 but 24 hours later.

PIC 33 - Female 1 day after LST, top view BUSH OUT BABY!

Attached Files:

3. You have me convinced, I am deffinitely doing this for my plant. That is amazing, good to see it's working for you.

4. Swaenk, how do u get ur sig pic to show up? I tried for 20 mins last night and it just kept makin it a hyperlink

5. [.img]www.somethinghawt.com/yoursig.jpg[/.img]
    Just remove the periods, and you should be in business. If you need a host for your sig, I recommend photobucket.com. Good luck.

6. Hey GG, thought i would pop in here and take a look at what you got going on, pretty sweet stealth system you got going on, impressive indeed :D thanks for the props, and im glad the lst is working to your advantage, when heights an issue ive found this is the best method to control height and allow the plant to bush out, ill be keepin an eye on your progress, your plants are looking good to. ive been meaning to ask, how do you know what sex you have, im sure i read it, but it musta slipped my mind, kinda stoned :)

7. LOL no worries mate I am a little burnt at the moment as well. Thanks for the kind words and appreciate you taking a look, you have helped me out quite a bit.

I had a problem very early on with heat stress/poor ventilation and had to put the plants on sunlight only for 5 days or so. Even at that age they showed sex quickly. I tried to get pics of them but my camera would just not focus on something that small.

I am a bit worried however that I may have stressed them by going from 24/7 light to about 12/12 or so then right back to 24/7, I did not alter the light a little each day . . had no time for that. Didn't know this may stress them, but I do now lol. Only way for me to tell is keep an eye on the female and see how she turns out.

The male has been banished to the great outdoors, but still keeping an eye on him as well . . . just more concerned for the girl.

Thanks again, has helped a ton

Gg

*EDIT* Am actually planning on taking cuttings from the female as soon as I feel more confident. Heard you could verify sex that way but she may be too far along and beat the clones to flowering lol. We shall see . .

8. cloning is pretty easy. i used to water clone, but given that up. id rather give the cutting a medium it can work off of . some people use perilite and vermiculite. ive just used verm and a lil soil and within 2 weeks i was ready to put in a pot. its simple, its only as hard as you make it. i dont think you could have stressed your plants out to the point where you would go hermie from the light change, you should be fine with it.

9. Quick update as I'm still mid move. I had to leave female out of her box for a day but just cornered her and leaned the fluorescent tube in the corner so she kept her light schedule.

The plant was like 2 feet away from me and I was sleeping on the floor . . . woke up and found my pudgy cat had eaten the main bud site off the top of the plant /cry lol. He also had chomped a few other leaves here and as well. She is back in her box at the new place and is looking good just got a bit discouraged.

Well, there goes the strict lst regimen. I will have news soon though as to how the top bud site will regrow /crosses fingers. Seems cats like the smell of weed lol.

She is starting to smell already actually and still in veg growth so will need to start looking at making that carbon scrubber asap. Will post pics and more soon.

Gg

10. sorry bout that, your plant will recover, possible with several new sites since your cat topped her for you :D i learned the hard way last year, both my dogs constantly ate at a backyard plant i had last year. i had to get a cactus to sit in front of the plant so the dogs would leave it alone. didnt seem to perturb them, they still got it

11. 'nother quick update need a little feedback on this if anyone has some . . .

Have been studying hard on the organic growing methods and soil preparation and found some great stuff . . . I think.

1) Starting with high quality potting soil (no given npk ratio - contains quality peat, peat and shrimp, compost, perlite and lime)

2) All organic super concoction (npk 4-6-6, contains manure, crab meal, cocoa meal, bone meal, cottonseed meal, dried blood, sunflower meal, kelp, greensand, rock sulfate, sulfate of potash and triple super phosphate) from the label seems to carry lots of trace nutrients.

3) Composted cow manure (no given npk ratio) I also chose the stuff *without* humus as it all contained wood chips etc. and I plan to add perlite/vermiculite to make the mix more airy if need be.

4) Blood meal (npk 12-0-0, will cut this slightly as the super mix already has blood meal)

5) Bone meal (npk 5-12-0, will cut this also as super mix has dried blood)

6) Perlite/Vermiculite as needed.

7) Flowering guano (npk 0.5-35-0.1, was planning on adding to soil initially but may use only for flowering as a tea)

8) Vegetative guano (npk 13-1.5-3, plan on adding to soil initally but may use for veg as a tea also)

9) Super-thrive (for regular waterings)

Am I going overboard? LOL It is all natural stuff which is great but I don't want to burn anything up either. To be honest my girl has been looking good using the crappy time release potting soil I bought when I had no idea it was crap.

The manure is also not dehydrated, will that be a problem? I'm planning on composting this whole mix for 2 weeks at least before use, but don't know the benefits/detriments of manure not dehydrated.

As I said, my girl looks good at the moment and I have used *no* ferts whatsoever as of yet. I'm assuming she will need help when I start flowering her though. Am planning on transplanting her in the above concoction before flowering (she's in kind of a little pot now - one gallon or so)

Any help comments are greatly appreciated and thanks all in advance. Should have more pics up tomorrow as well.

Gg

12. Pic update. Here is girlie a week after starting lst. She is starting to bush out nicely and is actually getting to be a handful to keep in check. I may have a few more new sites than I had planned as my fat cat ate the top bud site. If you look at the sun leaves in the left foreground you can still see dried cat saliva LOL. Oh well . .

Was actually thinking about using those little aquarium plant weights to hold down the sun leaves and keep them out of the way of the bud sites for light. They are made of pliable metal and can be bent easily around a stem without pinching it to hold that set of leaves out of the way, will post results.

Need HPS light soon and actually could stand getting that second set of fluoro tubes up for veg. Adding more of those 6500k daylight bulbs would help also. They run hotter than normal tubes but the plants love the blue spectrum they give off.

May actually have a new site for flowering as well with more headroom. will post updates there as well soon . . .

13. Always helps when you attach the pic! LOL Nooooooo, I'm not baked . . . . .

PIC 34 - Female one week after starting lst

Attached Files:

14. Looking very good, and it sounds like you have a gameplan set out for your soil as well. Can't wait to see this baby in one month. The LST seems to have really helped too. Good job.

15. Latest update. Has been quite busy lately but finally getting back to business. Here is girly after some serious LST and also some major sun leaf choppage lol. I have an idea it stunted the growth of the bud sites a bit, but I'm also thinking I need the lights a little higher away from the plant to promote more vertical growth.

Gg

PIC 35 - Girly after more training and trimming

Attached Files:

16. PIC 36 - Girly from different angle

Attached Files:

17. The last two pics were after she had been tied down again to allow light to the lower portions of the plant. New growth is looking slightly yellowish/green but still very healthy. She will be repotted soon in my new organic soil mix from a 1.5 gallon to 4 gallon or so container. Light too close, too small a pot or too many sun leaves trimmed may be stunting her a little.

Upgraded second fluoro of the two to another 6500k daylight bulb, will be better for vegging. May have another two tube fixture added this week also, as plans for starting new ones will be soon.

Will be taking cuttings from her this week as well, will remove the lower sites not getting as much light as the tops.

Can I keep her in veg indefinitely? She is long overdue to flower but I'm learnng as much as I can on this grow for future efforts.

Thanks again all in advance, the community has been a great help!!

Gg

18. Last update for today. Started germinating a few more bag seeds that turned up in the move lol. Hope they will do better in the new soil I am using (only using soil and vermiculite for seedlings cuttings now).

Also, props to

http://www.seedsdirect.to/

Fast delivery, great service, sweet stealth packaging. Ordered some Nirvana Bubblicious and was sent the ones pictured below as freebies (POK Hindu Kush Amsterdam Flame - sounds fun!!). Am going to try them first, then on to the Bubblicious.

More soon . . .

Gg

Attached Files:

19. Looking very very healthy. It seems as though your LST worked extremely well. It looks like you did more tie downs, did you?

In my opinion your seeds look kinda pale, mine were a very dark brown/black (nine out of ten grew so I assume this means they were healthy). Yours look light, but maybe that was just the lighting.

Good luck on your grow, I have only heard good things about seedsdirect.

20. Yes I've done lots of LST Swaenk. she's tied down all over, may be a nightmare for repotting we shall see.

That particular bunch of seeds does look a little bit light yes. The Bubblicious are all quite dark, I'm hoping it's just the color of the strain and not crappy seeds . . . but hey they were free ; D lol. Time will tell, starting germination on them tonight /crosses fingers.

Gg