My First Grow - lotsa pics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gonnagrow, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Yeah - 6 months ago man. I thought I recognised this journal, and wondered what it was doing at the top!

All my comments have vanished though (along with the rest of my posts), but it's still all good :D

Glad your plants turned out well, Gg. How was the smoke?

2. Arse! What up mate nice to see you on the boards.

LOL I was surprised to see this journal get some hits again as well. Sadly I got busy at the end of the grow and lack the final harvest pics apologies. I managed almost 2oz per plant and that has lasted me quite a while.

I'm in the middle of my first hydro grow and harvesting the first bit in less than 2 weeks. Anyone interested keep an eye on the new thread HERE.

I promise harvest pics this time :smoke:

Gg

3. Hey man :smoke:

Well, no growings on at the moment and no way to grow for another couple of months. Being in London meant that I couldn't really do an outdoor grow, and living in a single room (which is inspected every 2 weeks) means that I can't possibly grow.

Lazy stoner was going to set up in his new flat, but there would only be room for maybe 4 decent sized plants, and he can't afford all the equipment at the moment. He can't go back to work either since he sliced the end of one of his fingers off (it was re-attached, but still no work for 2 months!).

But alas, it's not all bad - I'm moving in Oct, and I'm going to rent a house where I can grow. I'm not choosing anywhere to live unless it's got somewhere to grow, so there should be another journal starting here in Oct :D

Just ran out of weed myself the other day, and I won't be getting any more for a few weeks :( But still - plenty to look forward to in a few months!

Gonna go and read your other journal now :smoke:

4. Looks awesome bet you are almost havin' as much fun as me :eek: :D
    Take care and thanks for the info so far
    Piney

5. Damn..
    You really need to write me a 'how to' guide if this is your first time!
    That's amazing.. I've got my germinated seeds in cups now waiting for the sprout!
    Quick question though..
    What was your light schedule from right when you stuck the seeds in the soil? It would be VERY helpful for me! Thanks, and congrats!

6. Well, I'm not Gg of course, but usually you go for either 18/6 (18 hours light, 6 hours darkness) or 24/0 (constant illumination). Either will do the job, but I've always used 18/6 (or close to it) as our loft was very hot, and it allowed us to have the lights off during the hottest part of the day. Also, electricity costs were lower.

Some people claim that 24 hour light advances the veg. stage. Certainly you're getting more photosynthesis as there is more light time, but I'm not sure how that translates into real-world growth improvements. Certainly in the flowering cycle the plants put on most of their mass at night, when they assemble the products of the photosynthesis that went off during the light. Given this fact, I'm skeptical about how much real-world improvement to growth rate there will be (if any).

Anyway - personally I would go for 18/6, but lots of people have used 24/0 settings, and their plants come out just fine, so go for whichever you want. Of course you want 12/12 light during flowering.

Have you read the grow guide on overgrow? http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/

7. ^Thanks for the advice.
    I'll try that out, and check out the guide.
    I thought I read that you're supposed to leave the newly planted seeds in a shady area.. so that's what i've been doing for a day and a half now.. Hopefully they're not dead.. lol

8. Read my NEW journal LOL, this one is like 8 months old :eek:

Gg

9. how can you possibly tell if ther m/f they were from seed right? NO WAY THEY CAN BE SEXED AT THIS STAGE also what do you want a male for

10. That was a very interesting grow. Good job, that bud looks delicious! Anyway, did you grow from start to finish with just fluoro's? Very very nice. You talked about HPS, I'm not sure if you used it. I am very interested in doing something very similar. Your box was also quite unique. I must admit, at first I didn't think it would work but wow, I'm impressed!

11. Too bad all your roots were in the air and not about one inch underground maybe that's why all but 2 died

12. wow. amazing grow

13. WOW!! everything looks great!!

14. Hey yo doctor heres another proper track and its fat watch the sniper, time to pay the piper.

15. but it sucks u had no yield pics.