My First grow! Let me know how im doing!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gedub420, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Im almost ready to Harvest i think! How will know for sure?

Attached Files:

2. "let me know how am I doing "...your doing great!!! just don't get popped by the man... read the sticky posts under harvesting/curing for info on when to harvest...its all on GC.

3. Thanks thats what i was thinking. hopefully everything goes as planned!!

4. congrats on the grow, hope u post some pics of the buds and such would love to check them out:)

5. Just some Updates. I harvested a couple smaller branches last night to see how it will turn out. Im going to let the rest grow for another 2 weeks or so. Any input?

Attached Files:

6. This is what i chopped last night hopefully it turns out okay!!

Attached Files:

7. What did the trichomes look like?

8. Like i said im a first timer, so im not 100% sure but i had a 60x pocket scope and they looked half cloudy half clear. Any tips or trick of the trade? Ive been babysitting these Girls since April. I just dont want to ruin my first harvest!!

9. I've always used a 30x jewelers loupe, but purchased the Radio Shack 60-100x pocket microscope to try it out. Way too much of a hassle and went back to the loupe (under $5).

I like my trichs at least 50% amber with hard calyxes. When mature my plants generally look like what I call skeletons with just colas and all fan leaves dropped. By then most of the cola leaves are purple due to dropping temperatures. I grow indicas and they normally don't finish until the first week of October. This year, due to a miserable spring and late summer, I could be looking at the second week of October.

10. Thanks for the input. Like i said any information is good to me. I can wait a few more weeks. Do you think the stuff i cut already will be any good? I looke at Ur Gallery!! Nice Pics man. Good to know im talking to someone with Experience! Thanks again, and any other advise is always welcome!! Hey real quick question..... The seeds i got were from a bag i got. He said it was Train Wreck. and there is one of them that is Purple dont know what kind that is either!! Any way you can tell for sure? If not i will give it a Cool name!! LOL

11. Hey when say you like ur trics at 50%. Is that 50%of a single tric amber or 50% of the total trics being amber? does that make sense?

12. I just took a sample from a lower branch Looks good but over all still need more time

13. wow incredible work for a first grow. those nugs look like some fat dank killer man. you should be very pleased:)

14. I like all of them amber on the calyx. Sometimes the leaf trichs turn first but I remove all leaf substance right into the calyx during initial trim to improve taste. Commercial and new growers remove very little leaf as it reduces dry weight.

15. Due to circumstances i had to harvest a little early.The pics are a few days old. Can anybody let me know if i just ruined my crop and what is the best way to dry it!! Ive heard a few different ways. Im just looking for some good direction.

16. No pics uploaded with your post.

17. All the other pics are on the first page.

Attached Files:

18. Yep found them. Nice looking buds. I just did my first harvest from one of my two outdoor Romulans and have them drying now, been drying since Sunday night.

19. Depending on the humidity in your drying area it normally takes one to two weeks to thoroughly dry fresh bud. You want some air movement but not directly on the buds. I like to test by bending the stems. If they bend and crack that's enough for me as I do a final trim to remove all vegetation and then cure in sealed Ball/Mason jars with burping. Burping - remove the sealed lids daily for ~five minutes for the first week to allow moisture to escape, every other day for the second week and every third day until no moisture appears on the inside of the jar.

If you're going directly from drying to storage, be certain the stems break cleanly to ensure dryness and avoid mold during storage.