My First Grow Kerala x Skunk #1 2x RQS Critical

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stealthbomber420, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Once you add the filter it will slow down the air flow.. because of the restriction of it.. I would say to try and add a fan in front of the intake to help blow more air in.. what's the earring of cfms on that exhaust fan?

2. So an oscillating fan or another inline fan? And it's 440 cfm

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Maybe.. to give you an idea.. I'm using a 426cfm fan.. for my 250watter.. and temps are steady at 78 degrees..

4. So I need to get a higher cfm for my 600?

5. The air from my research has to be changed like every 5 mins I think. Exchanged.. so you will need to figure out your sq footage, and see if your fan accommodates that.. plus added restriction of filter.. I dint v wanna say yes go get it.. becuase only you know your space.. and if it doesn't work out. Ill feel bad.. lol. Maybe the 600watt is too much to keep cool in that tent/space..
    On a side note.. I was running a cool tube as well..the lightning foot print was "cut" off at the ends.. temps ran 81/82.. now with the hood/fixture I have.. square air cooled, my temps 78 and a much bigger foot print.. just food for thought.. I felt with heat issues at first too.. I was teaching fir straws..trying everythi anyone would suggest.. after spending a ton of money on little fixes.. that didn't really work.. .. I reevaluated the entire set up and made the changes I needed..

6. This is the set up right now. Should I close off the other end of the air cooled tube??

Attached Files:

7. See my recent post and see if I need to do anything. I don't have an AC unit to help cool down the room either

8. Ok. Your venting in the same room as the tent? By the looks it's that way.. what's the temp of the room its in.. if your pulling in warm air..that's being exhausted from the tent. The tent is going to stay warm.. that's a reason why I'm pulling air in from another room..

9. Yes I am but I have a window right next to the tent that pulls in cols air but passive... I've been thinking of exhausting the air out of the Window instead of up. Does that sound like a good idea?

10. That would be a good start..if security isn't an issue with having an exhaust looking thing hanging out the window.. Definately cheaper than other solutions..making small ac unit

11. Yea not really an issue at all...guess I have to do some rearranging later today and hopefully it makes a difference

12. Sending that good karma cloud your way!

13. Thanks man. I appreciate all the help and advice you've given me so far.

14. So I pH my water with nutes to 6.6 but my runoff was 4.9. What's the reason for this?

15. #75 molegrower, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    Salt buildup maybe.. how much water did you give her.. and again.. what size pots are you using?..what's the strength of the nutes feeding? The usual is 10% run off.. or pour phed water threw her until the run off is almost the same as what's going in.. that's advice I got a while ago on my soil plants I did.. it Definately helped with the plants.. if flush is needed.. 3x the amount of pot size.. in my case.. 3 gal pots.. 9gallon flush per plant..:-( again advice I got and helped me out

16. #76 stealthbomber420, Feb 9, 2014
    1/2 strength nutes. Use feeding schedule of water/nutes...water...etc...5 gal pots with a 20% runoff. Using RO water and I pH water and nutes prior to feeding and then pH the runoff.

BTW nutes I'm using is Botanicare Silica Blast, CalMag Plus, Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Pro Grow

17. Well.. keep in eye on them.. the leaves.. most will tell you to flush them.. that seems to be a common answer.. and that's what I'd suggest.. when in doubt... flush her out! Lol..

18. The new growth looks very healthy. The first sets of true leaves are starting to dwindle away slowly tho. Should I be concerned about that

19. #79 molegrower, Feb 9, 2014
    well the new growth is straight.. I'd watch them for any other issues

20. Leave chart.. take a peek.. I'm sure you've seen it..to me.. my leaves always look like 40% the of the pics.. lol
    uploadfromtaptalk1391906320459.jpg