My first grow journal & advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by That One Stoner, Mar 4, 2016.

1. So this will be my first grow and I totally need any advice I could get. Positive or negative, constructive criticism is great and I understand I have or will make mistakes. I encourage any experienced grower to subscribe so they could guide me through my first grow as I have tons of questions. (Even tho I have done all sorts of research)

(The plants are also not in normal place because there was a 50% chance of showers while I was at work) Typically they get around 6-8 hours of light. While I only see 2 of the 5 germinated seeds sprout and its day 3, should I be worried?

Keep in mind I will be adding clones to my collection very soon

So currently 1 west coast og auto in a home depot 5 gal bucket

1 Northern lights auto from pyramid seeds 5 gallon buckets as well

3x Bagseed from some purps i got in solo cup
    1457051681404.jpg 1457051695230.jpg

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So this is about week #3 and the plants did seem to not like the cloudy/ rainy weather that was going on for a week or so but its been warmer with clear skies and theyre getting great light. I was pretty surprised to see my bag seed sprout and grow much quicker than my NL auto but it seems the tiny plant is growing faster than my other seedlings.

They seem very helthy except my og west coast died as a seedling anyways it was replaced with a narco purps auto seed from cream of the crop, planted yesterday.

3. Do you know why that one seedling died? I'm just curious. I'm a new grower too. my first plant sprouted sometime early in the AM on day 4. Did you germinate your seeds beforehand or put them right in the dirt? If you didn't germinate, maybe that's why some of them took longer to sprout? I'm just guessing. Good luck with the grow! Looks really organized so far

• Like Like x 1
  4. No i germinated them all. It had already sprouted and its shell cracked open. As soon as it started showing its first leaves, it died. Maybe it was due to cold temps at night? Not too sure. Happy frog soil no nutes added

5. Start them off with cfls till they get 2 nodes,then put outside. They need more light than 8 hrs a day.20 or 24 a day.

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autos need rapid early growth if you're wanting to get any dense buds.It will flower at a set time,not size,so you really need to up the light hours,to thinken the stems, ergo more nutrition highways.

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dont have anything to plug cfls into. Im not too worried about whether theyll flower or not. Theyre bag seeds. If they flower, cool. Ill have a few blunts to smoke shortly after

The thing is im just hearing about this now?? Ive seen my uncle plant seeds as early as january. The local date to plant is 4/20 for most here.

8. Thought they were autoflower seeds,my bad.

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  9. Haha its all good. You were talking about how the autos need explosive growth, would you recommend i add some blood meal to my plant?? I figued fox farms soil would have enough nitrogen

• Like Like x 1
  10. No,nutes are the least of your worries with autoflower, and if you do use em,it's 1/4 strength at week 2/3. Here's my 15 day old autoflower, had first nutes 2 days ago,24 hrs light from seed.[​IMG]

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ahh i see what youre saying. That plants half mines age and twice as big. Does that mean ill probably barely yield anything??

12. That's what I was getting at,the initial light has to be constant, then it can go to 18/6 when it flowers.You can still catch up,but not without artificial light.(not trying to sound big headed,just trying to help for next time)

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  13. I don't know how much you will yield, not sure, if it's a bagseed it could be photoperiodic so it will just keep growing in vegative state.

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  14. If it's 3 week old autoflower, it will start to flower in the next 10-14 days.Good luck either way though,bruv.

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well fuck. No one mentioned this to me. I was never too sure why eveyone opted to start seedlings inside but it makes sense. Im completely broke at the moment so i guess im gonna have to deal with a 5 gram yield it would have been nice to know this before i planted my other auto. Maybe i can figure out a way to get some lights on her

16. This one said typical seed to harvest time is 100 days

17. Get that purps under a light.You can buy one from a grocery store.They're normal light bulbs you know? Only a few quid/dollars. 40- 50 watt

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 1
  18. I just need to get a converter. Im going to try to see if i can mske it in time to do that today

• Like Like x 1
  19. Not sure what a converter is? Just a bedside lamp is sufficient, the ones you plug in the wall sockets.The bulb will make you see the difference in grow rate. Fluorescent lighting.Cheap n effective

sent via racing snake

20. I dont have an adjustable lamp. So ill need to buy a lightbulb socket to wall socket converter.