My first grow. I need some helpful suggestions mainly LIGHTING

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Thom Greenthumb, May 3, 2011.

1. I've got a Fluorescant tube set up, and a 30w CFL as well. Hoping both will provide ample light. When possible, I set them out in the windowsill for both sunlight and a breeze. Yes, I have a fan, I just need some suggestions as to if my lighting is ample, and how often to water them so as to avoid over-watering.I have 2 seedlings about 3-4 wks old and thus far they've been fine, but one's leaves are twisting (NOT curling up from lack of water). What to do, help, hints? Thanks guys.

2. some photos of your setup would help or at least a description of the space you are working with

3. I can definitely put up some pics for you, I'll go take them now.

4. #4 Thom Greenthumb, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    Here they are with emphasis on distance/proximity

As you can see, they are all oriented so that they get BOTH lights, and I rotate them a 1/4 turn every 4-6 hours. It's a REAL small closet.

The fluorescent is behind your head from the perspective of the first picture. It's visible in picture four jut off to the very right of the frame.

Attached Files:

5. im pretty new but i think your plants might be stretching and lowering the lights closer would be better and i think if its dry about an inch beneath the surface of the soil it needs a bit more water

6. Trust me man, it's good on water..but since this pic was taken I HAVE lowered the light:) and added more:)