My First grow Hydrologically

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Pastivity, May 22, 2010.

1. #41 Pastivity, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    Day 57
    17/7 cycle still in effect. Here are some more pics of the day. The first 3 pics are from #1 and the last 2 from # 2.

Attached Files:

2. Day 58-59
    Day 58 I decided to add nutrients to the reservoir. .75ml of each. The PH of the water has been maintained for longer periods of time now that I have been adding water only for a week. The plants don't seem to mind. I will be adding picture of the two days tonight. As far as hight goes, I have 3 @ 8" and 1 @ 10.5".

3. Day 59
    Pictures of the day.

Attached Files:

4. #44 ZeroStar, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    Hello,

The plants look real healthy. Do you think they grew so slow and have stayed so small for their age due to the LED lighting? What is the equivelant light output of these LED's compared to a CFL or HPS setup?

I've always liked the idea of using LED's because of how cool they stay. I live in the desert and its real hard to keep a grow room cool here.

5. #45 Pastivity, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    @ Zerostar, thanks for your question and the answer is the current ones I have were the lowest priced Full spectrum Quad band LED panels I could find. At 14 watts, it has the output of a 150 watt HPS. It doubles as you go so if its a 28 watt LED then 300 watt HPS equivalent. To be honest I should have spent the extra 8-10 dollars to get those. I say their slow growth could be due to the shock occured during the first water change when they were a few weeks old. It was horrable for me and them :eek: but it was a learning thing for me. Also I have already known that the lights would only be enough for 1 plant each. Currently I'm using them for 4 plants :p Can't seem to kill off the other 2 until I feel confident of sex. So I am in need of more lights. Two more panels will do. I love LEDs, within the next year to year in a half we should see a price drop significant enough for growers to lean more towards the higher output LEDs for a fair price, than florencent and even cfl bulbs. The future is now :smoking: lol

P.S. The best advice I can give is to know what you are growing so that you can meet the needs of that plant and not meet a general or minimal requirement.

6. Day 60-61
    Have had to move the lights up for a few days now. Here are some pics of the progress.

Attached Files:

7. Day 62-63
    I finally purchased more LED panels for the flowering cycle later on this week. One plant is already over 1' tall. I experimented with some pruning on one of the plants I don't plan on keeping to full term. (first pic, its a little blurred) I'm also including pictures from all 4 plants and pre-flowers from the taller one. Still no clear sign of sex yet. :( But its all good I have time :smoke:

Attached Files:

8. Day 64-65
    All is well here. Waiting for end of the week to begin flowering. Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

9. Day 65 cont.
    Added more panels and have more nutrients for the flowering cycle that will begin tomorrow night. :D Here are some pictures of the day.

Attached Files:

10. #50 Pastivity, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    Day 66
    Very excited about switching over to the flowering cycle :D Since I have doubled the watts in the tent for lighting, I feel it will be adiquit enough to pull of a nice harvest ;) atleast thats what I'm planning on. Here are the last pics of the veg state. First picture is of my pruning attempt on plant #3. The second picture is my short and bushy plant. I also took a couple of pics of the nutrients I will incorporate into my cauldron of goodness. :p Praying Mantis, natures bodyguards against bugs. Was on top of my car thought I would share this with my peoples in GC. The next update will be Day 1 of flowering!!!!

Attached Files:

11. #51 Pastivity, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2010
    Flowering Cycle, Day 1
    Day 1 of flowering, already I see pre-flowers on the tallest plant. I have some pictures with the regular size bic lighter for scale. I had set the times up so that the lights are on at night, its just easier on myself and the plants as far as the daylight temps go.

Attached Files:

12. Flowering Cycle, Day 2-3
    Three of the four plants are showing signs of preflowers. I had no idea how small they would be at first. After so many false alarms, I now know what they look like. The plants are looking healthy and are steadily growing larger. Here are some pictures of the days.

Attached Files:

13. Flower Cycle Day 4
    My leaves to the largest plant have been droopy since the light switch. Everything appears to be okay. I added 1ml of the 3 part flora nutrients because the plants are growing very rapidly. Being that I have random seeds as far as genetics go; it may also be that I may have a stain of weed that is more sensitive to drops in nutrients than others perhaps. I'm just throwing idea out there. I have been doing a lot of trouble shooting this first grow.
    Light cycle is still 12/12 kept in check by my heavy duty timer. I also leach out the system by pouring the water over the medium to the reservoir. This was also done 3 to 4 days ago so it could be that the rock wool (if its not deteriorated) could have held a lot of water an caused a sort of over watering effect? Lol I don't really know, as long as my treez keep growing I'm good. :D Here are some pics from the day. Still no pistils or you know.

Attached Files:

14. lookin good man! im a soil fan myself but those are still some nice lookin plants!

cant wait to see some fat nugs off them!

15. Thanks, I can't wait myself. Still waiting.....

16. Day 12 Flower Cycle
    Haven't been updating recently because of the lack of anything to report besides the plants continue to grow. Bud sites still don't show me a clear sign of anything. On a good note, they do not appear to be neither male nor female at the moment. So it can still go either way. Lights are on a 11/13 schedule.

Attached Files:

17. I was wondering if anyone out there has had a problem determining sex 13 days or more into the flower cycle. If so, how did they turn out? Male, Female, both. What do you believe was the root cause of the delay? Thanks

18. I have linked my sick plant questions below. Thanks

19. I think mine might have taken about that long as well. The male showed first within a few weeks, but then the female took even longer to show! I think its kinda common for females to be slower to show.

So no idea about the cause (light leak, so on) but it might be taking this long cause its a female? Just a guess though, so no promises :smoking:

20. I'm going to try anything I can to fix it as far as light proofing the tent but, I have already got the main areas. I just have to wait some more I guess. :confused: