My First grow Hydrologically

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Pastivity, May 22, 2010.

1. #21 Pastivity, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    Day 32
    Today I have decided to add more nutrients. 1ml of each. The plants were looking kind of down so I'll see where this goes. Sorry the camera isn't very good.

Attached Files:

2. Day 33-35
    OM... When I took a peak today the tips of some of the leaves were brunt. :eek: They are doing fine besides that. They taking it like champs.

Attached Files:

3. Day 36
    Today I had gotten a chance to do a water change. I feel its been overdue about 5 days. :smoking: It only took me 20 minutes this time. A little more prepared then the first but still need more work. Added 7ml of PH Up 555ppm

Attached Files:

4. Day 37
    A PH check showed a 5.5ish. I added 3 cups of water and added 2ml of PH Up to get me at 6.0-6.5. I also added 1ml of sweetener. Here are pics of the progress.

Attached Files:

5. Day 38
    I can finally see 5 finger leaves on the new growth for plants 1 & 2. Since that last fert burn, the leaves have done fine so far. They all give off odor and of course the bigger plants (#1&2) give off the most. Kinda skunky to me but what do I know this is my first grow. Like I said before these are from random bags of trees so I still don't have a clue of what strain it is even.
    Still looking to see if I see signs of sex yet. #4 does seem to have a funny looking bulb protruding out from the right area to show. Let me know if anyone sees anything interesting. Thanks

Attached Files:

6. #26 Pastivity, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    More Pics still trying to determine sex. Please see above also, thanks.

Attached Files:

7. Day 39
    Going on week 6 since germination week 4ish in the vegetative stage. I can see, with my 30x magnifying piece, what looks to me like the prelude to the primordia on all the plants. Can't tell which sex yet though. Wish I could get a better view but the camera is limited. The wait continues.

Attached Files:

8. Day 40-41
    Still waiting on the plants. I refuse to induce until I see pre flowers. So far only one of the four seem to have this bulb thing. Two of them to be exact on the same inter node on the opposite sides of one another. Does anyone with a trained eye see something familiar? First 3 pics will be of this bulb, the rest my progress.

Attached Files:

9. #29 Pastivity, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Day 42
    They finally seem to be maturing. :D I added some more nutrients last night because they have been taking in so much nutrients. (The PH was dropping every 3 days) I used a general nutrient mix. Here are a few more pictures of the day. Again sorry for the blurry pics. Let me know if you would need more pics to help me determine sex. Thanks

Attached Files:

10. Day 43
    Its true what they say about people's first grows, how we can't stay out the tent. :laughing: Everything is going well, plants are growing about .5in per day. Still have them in the veg stage of course. Here are some pics of the day.

Attached Files:

11. Looks like they are recovering well! +Rep for you for dealing with the issues instead of killing them all and giving up. I highly recommend a pH pen instead of drops. Much more accurate and you only have to buy it once.

12. #32 Pastivity, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
    Day 44-45
    PH had dropped back to a 5.0-5.5 added 4 cups of a general nutrient mix and 3 ml of PH up. A PH check a few hours later showed a 6.0-6.5. (OK) Lights are on a 17/7 cycle as I'm going to ease them into the flowering process. MrBooMY thanks for the reply I will look into getting one. I thought the TDS had something for that but, I was mistaken. I have plenty of supplies for this grow only :( so I wouldn't be able to experiment with cloning or jump right into my next grow. Which will be sour diesel and haze. Maybe I can get that in for a New Years harvest :smoke: Here are pictures for the two days.

Attached Files:

13. #33 Pastivity, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    Days 46-48
    Plants are still on the 17/7 cycle. For the past 3 days I have added more nutrients (1ml at a time), measured their heights, and checked on the roots system by simply lifting the pots around to rotate. The roots are nice and white dangling into the reservoir even :). I have had a little issue with the lower leaves beginning to die off. I have read that this can occur due to a toxic build up in which the plant will use the lower leaves to "dump" the junk into. I have some solutions for the problem no biggie at the moment. The rest of the plant looks healthy. Pics of the past few days.

Attached Files:

14. Day 48 Cont.
    Here is a pic of one of the potential bud sites. Waiting for some pistils to confirm sex. :D

Attached Files:

15. Its still early to tell but that last pic looks male to me

16. They look very healthy. How do you like those leds? Did they cost much?

17. @rooster1369, Thanks for giving my plants a glance. Appreciate all comments and tips always. I assume all are female until otherwise.;) Its what keeps me going. lol I now think that #2 which would be the longest one, may be a male.

@giba, Hi, to answer your questions I was on a budget so I needed all the minimal elements before I could even think about an upgrade. The LEDs meet many of those requirements for my grow. I spent under 100$ in lighting. The LEDs are great, little heat emanates from up to 3/4 of an inch away. They are Quad Band so it covers the necessary spectrum for the plants. Win Win for me. Matter of fact I'm in need of 2 more panels for flowering(personal preference) :p I recommend them if you are on a budget and would like to experiment/grow for the first time.

Will update later on today. Thanks to all who are interested. :wave:

18. #38 Pastivity, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
    Day 49-50
    Today I decided to flush out the medium with fresh water to get the salt/nutrient build up under control. My dumb @ss goes and pours the water directly over the plants and end up taking a branch off. :eek: It came off clean enough that it didn't look all that bad. Its already healed itself and the plant has not shown any changes due to the loss. It was a 3 leafer anyways. ;) Here are some pics from the two days.

Attached Files:

19. Subbed. as I need help too with this. I have my first pistils. Its like Weeks 7 now. I was wondering do pistils mean that buds will form after a few more pistils? Its definately a female as far as I can tell. I need a higher res camera to show pictures. But I'm like 98% positive it is a pistil as I see no tiny sacs at all.

20. Day 52-56
    Been a few days since the last update. Still holding off on inducing the flowering cycle, still want some more hight. 3 more inches to go. I have been checking the root system by lifting the pots for a few seconds and they are nice and white hanging into the reservoir. Still can't determine sex. Here are some pics of the day.

@Timotee, the white hairs should indicate 100% female. But if its a hermaphrodite then it would have both. Better to determine if you can see more than one on the plant. Good luck

Attached Files: