My First Grow.....High Hopes

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ClozetGrowr, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Alright well, I was reading another grow journal and after a stoner moment decided to start my own journal. I have been wanting to start my own grow for a few years, ever since I helped my best friend with his medical outdoor setup in California. I have chronic Hepatitis C, and as a result am entitled to medicinal rights, and therein lies the motivation to grow my personal supply (as much as possible). Anyway, I haven't had the money to start my indoor grow, so the wait has been long. But after much saving, I ordered my Super Locker. I need it to be disguised, and it fit perfectly in my closet, so its what I got. I ordered it two weeks ago, and with the distance between where it is being shipped from and where I live being relatively short, I expect it within the next two weeks. We will see though, I have read of a few shipping delays. I have never done indoor not to mention hydro, so any tips are appreciated. I am going to start from clones I get from a dispensary, and I have been doing extensive research on local menus, but any advice on high yield strains is nice. I know I want some blue Dream, and the rest different sativa strains. And I heard sativas have a lower yield than indicas, any significant weight to this statement?
    And before we get too far, I am using my phone for this journal as my internet sucks at home, so any errors that occur as a result I apologize for in advance. So, back to business. I ordered the LED light upgrade as well as the C02 package, and I am curious if anyone can tell me how much of a difference these will make. Like I said, this is my first grow on my own, and don't know very much. I have seen domes in some pics, are these not included and necessary? Maybe I am asking too many questions for one post so I will stop and see what happens. Thank you all for any advice and support, will post more as stuff develops. Much love.

2. Ok so I have been doing more research, and have heard that there have been some problems controlling temp with the LED upgrade. Any tips on managing this issue? I am a total newb and am shooting for more than a personal supply by a reasonably significant amount, you feel me? I also purchased the C02 set up and am curious on how to go about using it effectively. If there is anyone out there with the same upgrades that is willing to share some info, that would be fuckin awesome. I am getting a lot from these forums already, and truly appreciate this site and its inhabitants. Happy growing guys, much love.

3. Ok, so I can't seem to get enough knowledge from this site! I don't mean that there isn't enough to be had, I simply mean I can't stop reading! I have been getting so much useful information from everyone, and am slowly gaining confidence for my first grow. I still don't know if I am going to pull the two pounds I was aiming for with my Super Locker, but hopefully with my upgrades and tips from these forums I will get close.
    If there are any other new growers out there, hit me up and we can share thoughts, tips, and mistakes. Much love to you all and happy growing!