MY FIRST GROW, help needed.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by galaxybillionaire, Nov 4, 2013.

1. OK so i stumbled upon few seeds recently and germinated all 4, the other appear to have been in the germination process but then died, however one plant survived and started growing. So this is my very first attempt at growing & i appreciate all the help i can get so thanks in advance! The strain is either Sour diesel or Super sour diesel. I planted it in a 8 inch pot, some fertilizer, outdoor soil i took from digging deep into the garden (figured i would be richer from the bottom) & brought it to room temp & some topsoil i germinated in.

Its currently on a bin cover that i will add water onto later... if its a good idea for humidity.
    now running a 40watt Fluorescent 6500k tube bulb, a 15watt fluorescent tube & a 15watt cfl
    i have another 15watt cfl in case needed & a i put a plastic cup over due to something i read for humidity.
    searching and reading how to grow etc but any suggestions, thought, tips, are all welcome

posting pics shortly

2. I wouldnt recommend adding ferts for the first couple weeks but other wise good luck with your grow

3. First lesson. Test the ph of your soil. Should be 6.0-6.5(all ph levels should be here as in soil, basic h2o, nutrient solution, and run off. Humidty isn't as important for veg as it is for blooming.
    As in regards to the actual plant. Don't expect a harvest. Its one plant. It could still be a male which gets you nothing.
    I never suggest using flours. I started with them and never again. Spend the 200$ on amazon. And get a nice MH/HPS set and inline ducting.
    Personally id say go organic with your soil. Its easier by far.
    Good luck. Here are some pics and charts if you run into trouble at some point.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Thanks man appreciate it, I have a " The Workforce 250-Watt Halogen Portable Work Light " it has a UV shield that's removable, wondering if it may be any good for the plant?

5. Here are some pics you will see the space, the cup etc

Attached Files:

6. Nope get rid of that cup. Replace with clear if you want but your adding heat to your baby.
    That halogen probly doesn't put out enough lumens. I have no experience with them so.
    Go LED if you plan to keep this a small attempt.

7. Also I've heard it helps to start them in a smaller pot and work your way up to a bigger one.

8. #8 galaxybillionaire, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013

OK, i was thinking about transferring it to a smaller pot, but i don't want to kill it by accident. it appears its growing towards the 15watt cfl, so i think im going to pick up 2 60watt cfls an remove the 2 aquarium lights. and also get a PH tester

9. #9 Drakkor, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    [quote name="galaxybillionaire" post="18937243" timestamp="1383639908"]OK, i was thinking about transferring it to a smaller pot, but i don't want to kill it by accident. it appears its growing towards the 15watt cfl, so i think im going to pick up 2 60watt cfls an remove the 2 aquarium lights.[/quote]Nah man leave it. It'll expand its roots and leaf growth will be slower. BUT the one that i did this with (it also accidentally got topped) only hit 8-10in before switching to 12/12. Now its at 24 or more and is my biggest bushiest plant. I read everyone on here talking about using electric ones. I got a liquid ph tester, does the trick. Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I have now added a fan to the mix after reading how plants breathe. And i also added another 15 watt cfl lamp with a Foil shade to keep all the light focused on the plant, as well as the sun visor window foil all around. Im trying to spend little or nothing on this grow only because its one plant & not sure of the sex. Getting a ph tester later today...

Later down the line when i have more seeds i will invest in a better set up (lights etc)...can this work for now?

Im an optimistic individual i feel good about it😄

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383645538.086020.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383645552.287046.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383645563.606880.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383645573.343301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Nice man! Yeah im picking up a ph tester later an go from there. Its on 24hr lighting right now, as im still researching..

12. I do the same till 3 nodes high.

13. UPDATE: swapped out the 2 aquarium lights an replaced it with a lamp. Now running (3) 100 watt Cfl's 1600 lumens cool 5000k light appearance per bulb (3).

Something noobish i did before potting was from the soil i took from my outdoor garden i added fertilizer because lots of tomatoes, callaloo, strawberries etc were grown during the summer so i figured it was a good idea i think i was wrong lol...advice please!

I bought a PH tester an i tested as seen in the pics below, now im not sure but i don't think my ph level is acidic enough i was going to add lemon juice as i read it makes it more acidic.
    Comments & help all appreciated...
    Levels from the color chart i think kinda confused are..
    PH - 7.0
    Nitrogen - 5.0
    Phosphorous - 8.0
    Potash - 6.0
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383689241.229485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383689257.700260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383689268.541642.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383689283.145072.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383689293.082061.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Um idk why your saying each mineral has a ph BUT your soil mix should have a ph of 6.0-6.5 is ideal. Same for your nutrient water. Fairly certain your base water should be 6.0-6.5 also.
    Lemon juice- idk about adding it directly to soil but i add it to my base water to bring its Ph from 7.5+ down to 6.5.
    Remember the lower the number the more acidic. Higher the number the more alkaline. Here's a chart

Attached Files:

15. Oh ok i apologize for not understanding this ph tester i bought is kinda confusing

16. Mmmmmm, Sour Diesel :) Here's a glimpse of one of my several S.D. at 8 weeks under a 30x magnifying jewelers loupe. Prepare to be spoiled if you luck out with those genetics!

Attached Files:

17. Ohh man i hope i do luck out its a great grow that SD you have looks crazy!

18. Wow I'm jealous as fuck. Sour d is one of my top 5 easy.

-Over Grown Society-

19. This picture says it all :)

Attached Files: