1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

My first grow, got some questions about the best lighting

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Toke-ologist, Jun 28, 2004.

1. My grow box is 3'longX 2.5'tallX1'wide
    I have one 24" plant fluoro that "contains a combination of phosphors which produce light rich in reds and blues"
    It produces 750lumens at 20watts.

IDK WTF that means, but i just wanna know if it'll grow me some bud. Also should i get another one of these "plant" fluoro's?

Im trying to grow the plants to about 1.5-2' tall and then plant them outside. But i just wanna make sure im getting the lighting right. Ive seen people post about "cfl" lights but i have no idea what that is, and should i just stick with the fluoro?

I also have a philips "agro-lite". its supposed to help plant growth, but idk. It can't hurt right?

And the last thing is: should i line the interior of the box with aluminum foil, or should i just F it seein as how its the first time? i cant paint it white b/c of the location of the box. Someone would notice, and theres goes stealth.

So anyone who has solid advice, please share it w/ one such as myself. Thanks
    -keep tokin!

2. HIGH All, it'll take a good month of growing to get it to 2'...I live in North America and for me that it'll be the end of July. That's pretty late to be putting a plant out.

Your lights...IDK?? You got me...Your lights would be ok for what your going to do. The foil I'd do without.

CFL..Compact Fluorescent Lamps...what your useing.

Grasscity Deals Near You