My first Grow for over 12 yrs

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by madmike03, Jul 15, 2010.

1. #1 madmike03, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
    This is a journal of my first indoor grow, im fighting a few problems but little by litle im getting there.The green is 5x skunk#1 2x cheese for the Mrs she loves the stuff, anyway lets get started.Im going to try a small scrog with 8x 25w cfl 6500k 1x 150w mh i think this should do for now as the grow area is small.My sk1 seeds broke ground on the 1/7/10. and the cheese broke ground this morning,ill have some pics up soon see yah oh yeh im neww to all this posting and stuff im more a hardcore xbox live gamer so give me a break if things are a bit messed up :eek: ok some pics as promised [​IMG][/IMG] thease are my skunk 1 babies Hope,courage,lumen,joy and integra they broke ground 4/7/10 not 1/7/10

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

They all statrted in my make shift grow box that was kept in my closet, but have now moved to a more stealth location that only few know its location.i will post up some pics again soon

2. #2 madmike03, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    ok i know this post is in the wrong place, can somebody tell me how to move it to Grow journals thanks.If your wondering why theres grass in the background its because i move them outside when its sunny.;)

3. #3 madmike03, Jul 16, 2010
    ok i didn't get any answers to my last post,so ill continue here till someone helps me.

Heres a few pics of my new set up
    [​IMG][/IMG]

At the moment there sitting on the srog net, ill be moving them down soon.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

The Mrs gave most of them there names, but Integra and Lumen thats me ,oh and bye the way i wont be using any thing but good old water and light.

4. Well it looks like taking 12 years off hasn't dulled your skills :)

How about a better pic of that there CFL rig?

Good luck on the grow!

5. #5 madmike03, Jul 16, 2010
    Thanks man, that was 12 yrs ago when i was at home with mummy now im all grown up its time to try again, esp how i now have the Mrs permision.
    ill try post a few pics of the set up

ok here they are
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    This set up is still work in prog,im getting a new bulb and ballast next week and will be adding more vetillation as the temps are a bit high with door closed.

6. Looks like a nice set up and the girl's look ready 2 grow up! Goodluck & happy growing!

7. Thanks for passing through and giving your support ,ive never planted indoors and never had to deal with heat and air circulation,but its how ill be growing from now on so i better perfect my style before the next grow.:devious:

8. I really dig your space. What do the temps get up to in the room?

9. I dig it man, im here for the ride

10. #10 madmike03, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    Thanks man,if i run the 150w hps all the time its 85 to 92.I know this aint ideal but im working on the ventilation syatem i need a bigger exaust fan but im looking to build or buy a scrubber.ive just checked,and with everything running and cupboard door open its at 81 and 36 humid.

I didnt know growing weed could be so relaxing:hello:

11. Oh and am an Electricion if any one needs help working out energy usage or watts need and all that stuff:wave:

12. #12 madmike03, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    Well another days growth,just a quick updat on whats good and whats not.
    All skunk 1 plants are in there final pots,transplants went ok but for some reason i used the water with the nutes in it, that i use for my sun flower seeds and they got a little burnt.
    You might not be able to see it from the pics
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im letting them stretch a little bit more b4 i start training them and then under the net they go.

13. Ah a little burn wont hurt nothin ;) Because god planned them to get that little bit of nute's even if it burned them! Maybe theyll turn SUPER xD!! They look good, keep the positive growing up!!

14. #14 madmike03, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    I think your wright,it doesnt seem to have harmed them to much. Anyway another quick update i topped two of them last night and started training them to, you might be able to see from the pics that it looks like there taking to it well.

My hps is on the way out, its blinking on for 10 secs of for 10 so i ordered another one yesterday.In the mean time ive had to rearange my light rig a bit so all the plants get as much light as possible.
    Im gonna switch my lights back to 24/7 untill my other bulb comes on tuesday hopefully it wont slow them down to much

Anyway this is 18 days from seed enjoy:)
    [​IMG]
    outside taking in some sun
    [​IMG]
    Courage
    [​IMG]
    lumen
    [​IMG]
    joy
    [​IMG]
    hope
    [​IMG]
    integra

Someone let me know if its ok to switch the lights back to 24/7 catch you soon.

15. Looks great man :hello:

16. #16 madmike03, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    Thanks bud,

Ive had to do a little chage around of the set up, thats why no update yesterday.also ive had to take of the training ties as it would have taken to much time to reach my scrog net.
    Three of my plants have been topped and i was wondering if i should top the rest of them, some feedback would be nice, ill post up some pics later to show progress and new set up.
    Oh yeh, my bulb started working again:D and my replacement one should come tomorrow or thursday.

17. [quote name='madmike03']
    Three of my plants have been topped and i was wondering if i should top the rest of them, some feedback would be nice, ill post up some pics later to show progress and new set up.
    QUOTE]

yo, I say top em, if theyre only growing one main cola insead of two or four theyll be that much taller and if your using a screen I wouldnt see the point in not topping or fimming. preciate the possitive juju on my thread, i hope they pull through.

18. Hello again just the pics i promised earlier.

[​IMG]
    The new setup as you can see The plants are now under the screen and i have added the cfl lights to the side of the rig,these can be move at anytime.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The cheese is taking its time, but im trying to be patient.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right,so all the plants have been topped and ive tried to fim one of them.Its been a long time since my last grow and that was all outside back in 97,i didnt use anything but sugar and water and it was the best toke ive had to this day.Anyways im just doing this for myself and have all the time i need to perfect my tech.Hopefully my new bulb will come in t
    he morning and i can stop worrying about it switching of overnight:eek:.

19. Ive just looked back at my pics and i can see the leaves realy are dusty:mad::(.
    i will need to find a way to clean them, or a way to keep the dust down in my grow room

20. Just a quick update.Ive had them out in the sun all day and they loved it.My wife has been moving them around as the sun moved so they got good light from 7am this morning to 8pm when i got in from work and put them back in there room, i wont post no pics today cause im nakered,i just need some good sex and sleep:wave:.