My first grow... Flowering Time! How am I doing? **PICS**

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by llama, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hey guys. This has been quite a learning experience, and I was close to giving up a few times, but with all your help along the way, it looks like I might just make it...

The plant has not only recovered fully from near death, but is pretty dang sexy if you ask me!

Im using one 125W cfl grow light, and 4 42W Soft White CFL's, so 293 actual watts of CFL light. Its in a 3 gallon pot with MG organic, using superthrive and MG ferts once a week, and plain water for all other waterings. It also has a large window fan exchanging air for it.

A couple questions:

1. How long do you think I have left till harvest? 3-4 weeks mabye I figure? I think its about 4 weeks in... I cant be sure though.

2. How much do you think this might yeild when its all done and dried? Im hoping for an ounce or two, but I really dont know what to expect.

Hese some pics, I managed to get some pretty impressive macro shots too!:hello:

Attached Files:

2. First grow?, its impressive if you ask me, Im a newb aswell and have just germinated my seeds, would be happy if mine turned out half as good as yours. And you say its about 4 weeks into flower so yea about another 3 or 4 to go, (from what ive read)..lol, so yea better to get a answer from a old head

3. thx! i never tought it would turn out this good either, i was just hoping to just get a little tiny bit to smoke, the way this was looking about a month ago, now it looks like i'll get a bunch!:D

4. You will get a lot more from that plant than you originally expected. Although from CFLs the buds wont be as beefy, but that plant is really bushy so you will have a lot of bud sites. Hope it goes well!

5. Nice bush dude, and yeah man, you have at least 5 weeks left on that plant. You could really get a great yield if you do a little more for the plant. You should either invest in a 250 watt HPS or buy another set of 6 26 watt CFL's (Walmart has these for about $10). I'd really recommend the HPS, but I understand price/availability.
    Also, what kind of nutes are you using during flowering? You'll want a boost of P from the N-P-K ratio.
    Oh, and how's your humidity?

6. I really dont think I can buy anymore lights, my roommates are already a little angry that im using almost 300 watts on this thing. an HPS definately isnt in the cards, but if you really think it would be worth it i may consider some more cfls. I thought almost 300 true watts would be plenty though... anyone else have input on wether or not i really need more light?

For the nutes i am using superthrive
    http://www.superthrive.com/page3.html

and some regular old miracle grow chemical ferts 24-8-16
    http://www.scotts.com/media/media/pdf/productGuide/labels/00011.pdf

Ill look for some new ferts that have more P, and the super thrive isnt really a fert, it says you add it to your ferts, ive read really good things about it.

Humididty is probaby low, i live in the desert, and its winter so the humididy is probably very low. like 50% or lower mabye

7. Any reccomendations for some nutes i can get at usual places, like home depot, lowes, ect.?

8. They look great llama! Do you have a garden center near by? Home depot might have decent bloom nutes, but I would go to a garden place...imo.

293w is awesome for 1 plant. :)

9. I kinda thought 293W was plenty for one plant...

Ill try to find a garden place... it seems to me that we onle have a couple and they practically shut down in the winter.

10. id invest in the extra lights cuz in the end your buds will definatly be fatter and the buds below the canopy will benefit greatly from those extra little lights...

11. I don't see anything suspect in your photos... looks good!

remember, keep it warm (not hot), watch your humidity, and check for bugs

12. It stays pretty warm in there I'd say 75-80

for humidity, like i said, its pretty low, where should it be at? high or low? i'd guess its only slightly higher than my house which I would guess is at about 50-60

I did have a white fly issue early in this plants life, but i got some stuff from home depot, and soaked it down good, and transplanted it, and i haven't seen any bugs on it since then, And iv'e been looking really closely :)

So how much do you think i could get from this old girl? over an ounce I hope?

13. Well, I went on a ski trip for 5 days and came back, and quite a bit of development has gone on!, I thought I might have 3-4 weeks left before harvest, but the hairs are already starting to turn orange, and there are tons of trichs... I can't quite tell the color still, I'm going to pick up one of those microscopes from RadioShack ASAP, but until then, what do you guys think?

I should definitely stop fertilizing right? Harvest in a week? Maybe two?

Here's some shots of the buds for ya to check out:

Attached Files:

14. It's looking really nice man. Please post more images when they are done. I'm interested in the progress with the cfl's.

15. That plant is beutiful. Is it just naturally that bushy? Also the HPS system with a nice bulb would probably put out as many if not more lumens for the amount of watts you are using on the cfl's. Either way congrats.

16. it's looking delicious man keep up the good work.

17. thanks for the compliments guys, im happy how its turning out too!

i still am wondering how long you think until harvest?

18. You said you are about 3-4 weeks into flower? From what Ive read 4 Way finishes in about 8-9 weeks and for White Widow the time frame is about the same 8-9 weeks period but some say to let it go to 10 weeks. I have had no first hand expierence with either of these strains this is just what Ive read. If you take into account the flowering time given for these you have about 4-6 weeks give or take. Im not certain of the why but hair color doesnt always mean maturity, I think there is a discussion or two on GC about this you should check it out. Good luck to you on your run to harvest!

19. i think i'm more like 5-6 weeks into flowering, i just found one of those microscopes at radio shack for 10$, so when i get home, i'm going to see how the trichs look.

I definitely don't want to harvest prematurely...

What happens if you wait too long to harvest? Anything tragic?

20. I did some LST'ing on the plant when it was very small, and I think this will for sure triple or quadruple the yield on the plant, because instead of just one main but site i now have 4-5, and tons of secondary bud sites as well, this is why the plant is so bushy. It might be in its genes too, but its just bag seed.

Yeah, i really wanted to get and HPS system going actually, but they are pretty expensive, so i decided to just use the CFL's to finish of this grow, then if i grow again, I will definitely get and HPS system going, i saw one on ebay for about 150$