My first grow ever ....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by waytoofastvette, May 20, 2006.

1. Thought i would take a picture of me standing next to them to show how tall these crazy things are now for reference i am 5'11

Attached Files:

2. i would have transplanted into bigger pots a wile back or now if you want... I hope you dont take them out of the dark for them pictures or have any light interrupt them at all wile there in the dark hours... 1 or 2 times might not have nothin happen if your lucky but it will cause hermies..

Good job...

3. waytoofastvette,
    Sorry I am late to the party, I read your thread here and it looks real good. Looks like you have been getting some good advice so far. I am a fellow HPS grower, sports car driver and will also never use Miricle Grow again. I thought I read you transplanted out of that.

It also looks like a while back that you had some heat stress as well. 90 degrees is too hot for a Sativa plant which is what yours is; pure sativa to sativa dominant I would say. So the height of your plant is a strain characteristic not because it is stretching for light.

If you want to go out of town try this: http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/mist2.shtml I just bought the top one but have yet to use it. It seems like it should work but, you have to plug tubes into these holes where it pumps water to and this always seems to fall out of place.

Anyway, I am now subscribed to this thread so I will be watching it. Oh and by the way, Sativas take a long time to flower so be ready for that. Good luck.

4. Yes actually i did transplant out of the miricle grow. They did much better once out of that. They didnt do so hot for a week or so but they got better eventually. Yeah it was hot for a while. I got some ventalation in there. Its about 82-83 pretty much all the time now.

Yeah i am pretty sure its gonna be atleast another month at the earliest. I wish i would have done LST perhaps they wouldnt be so tall now. I see no real advantage from them being so tall.

And cronic ........ I never take em out of there light cycle. I read somewhere that that was a big no no. Patience is the key i guess in this stage. I really just want some weed to smoke lol

5. Just seeing your babies growth and how fast the've grown made up my mind that I need me some mylar and more lights, I can't afford an HPS at the moment. Awesome grow and well done with the pix they're all clear and close. I'm using miracle grow soil myself at the moment but I guess I will switch once I transfer. I have my own journal but dunno the HTML skills to link to it. +rep especially for your first grow :)

6. Man I am going to have to check this out! SmknVTEC, let me know how this works for you. I travel alot and tried those home depot shitty plastic bottles that are suppose to auto water your plant based on a filter and gravity. Stay away from these waytoofastvette.

Man great setup, great start. I'm on my first grow as well and am taking tips from this thread!

BTW - how fast is the vette?

7. lol... Youll have some Cronic.... It should be as good or better then the best shit you ever smoked...

8. Will do.
    The only thing is it does not come with the bucket. You have to provide that.

9. Well Shes comeing along pretty nicely

Almost had a disaster today though. We had a big storm come threw and the power went out at noon. I have been running them where the light cycle starts at 8:30 it was out till 5. I wonder what would have happend to them if that would have happend ? Oh well disaster averted i guess

I am haveing fan leaves die. I assume this is because all the nutrients are being used for the buds ?

A couple pics of progess

Attached Files:

10. That second pick is simply awesome I may have to change my pants... Are you planning on LSTing the next time you grow? Sorry if I missed if you are or not in an earlier post.

11. Yes i will deff lst next time. I think these things are way to tall and you will get a better yield if you do that. But this being my first grow i really didnt wanna goof with it.

remeber dont use miricle grow soil

12. They are tall because they are sativa's. They might have gotten stretched out earlier in their lives too. Looks good otherwise.

13. My baby is supposedly sativa (it's Oasis) and it's amazingly short (almost too short dundundun). Is there a chance mine's indica?

14. If you bought a sativa then it is sativa. The number one limiting factor to a plants height indoors is the size of the pot. I figure usually about a foot tall for each gallon of pot. I have not grown a pure sativa but thats usually what I get, and see on this board, regardless of strain.

15. Fan leaves turning yellow tords the end of flowering is normal but you still got a ways to go.... You are feeding them a full supply of nutrients right?

EDIT: Pictures are kinda hard to see how far along your plant is...

16. I started flowering the second week of june ...... The first female hairs on the 26th of june. so just over a month into it

Just the fan leaves are dieing. The rest looks fine still and yes i am useing nuts in the water

Attached Files:

17. Nice plants mate, i hope they give u a nice yield ;)

18. You still here?... i forget all about this thread.... give us some updates

19. Sorry thats its been so long guys

Well I have more weed than i will ever smoke and i only have 2 plants !

I think i did pretty good especially since i had no clue as to what i was doing at the start of this. I have no idea how much i have got from the the one plant. I have only harvested one so far since i think the second isnt quite ready yet

Its been fun growing. I dont think im gonna do it again for a very long time though. Its quite a comitment. You always have to be around to water and watch over the plants.

Onto the pics---- This is everything i got from the one plant

Attached Files:

20. ^^^ LOL nice picture.... Hope nobody in your area recognise's you though. ;)