My first grow ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Spermy, Dec 7, 2012.

1. #1 Spermy, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
    This is my first time growing. On Sunday Dec. 2 I put 4 Critical + seeds in a damp paper towel. On the 4th tap root was out and I moved them into Fox Farms Light Warrior. On the 6th they had broke surface. I will be setting up a tent tonight to start the veg stage.

They will either be in a DR80 which I have now or a DR90 which I am going to look at today. If in the 80 the will be under 400w MH for veg then 400w HPS for flower. If I get the 90 they will be under 600w.

Attached Files:

2. It has been one week today since they popped thru the dirt. Right now they are just getting T5 light. Gonna switch over to MH by the weekend. I have a switchable ballast. Gonna start at 250w for at least a week then up to 400w. I am giving them Vital Earth's O.G. Seabird Guano Liquid Grow 4-3-4. This is what they look like after one week. Can someone tell me if they should be bigger than this already or are they doing fine? Any feed back will be helpful. Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. This is two weeks since they came thru the soil.

Attached Files:

4. Set up a new tent today and transplanted into 3 gallon buckets. The plants were 3 weeks on Thursday.

Attached Files:

5. Looks good bro! What size tent are you using? Will follow....

6. Thanks. It's a DR90 36x36x72. Had a DR80. The extra 3 inches helped out a lot.

7. Going to try some LST.

Attached Files:

8. Looking pretty well atm I wanna try that with my second grow, I just went 12/12

9. Thanks. This is my first grow so I'm learning as I go along.

10. How important is it to have CO2?

11. If you have air coming into your tent it will bring in co2. There are a few other ways of getting co2 besides buying all the stuff. It won't help to add co2 unless you have a closed tent.

12. It is a closed tent. I have a duct coming into to bring air in but the exhaust is going into the same room. I am interested in the CO2 but it is very expensive.

13. Look up homemade co2. Mixes yeast sugar and water I think. And that kicks out co2. Cheap and easy. Haven't done it myself sorry. So let me know if it works. I think my tank and reg cost 150. 20 to fill up.

14. 150 is not bad. Ill have to look around a little more. I did read about the home made ones, worth looking into. Thanks.

15. I am going to switch to 12/12 today. I have 4 plants going, I have been LST two of them and I'm going to top the other two. I read somewhere that you should too in veg and wait 7-10 days before the switch. I was going to top and switch today, will I be ok doing that?

16. Switching from 400w to 600w today.

17. Had to flush a girl today. Had a cal deficiency, leaves were getting brown spots and curling on the ends. After the flush added Humboldt Nutrients Natural Bloom, Honey ES, Ginormous and some Cal-Mag.