MY FIRST GROW EVER || need some help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kxndxll, Oct 27, 2010.

1. OK so after much thought I began to realize one day that I had been spending entirely too much money on weed, and that it's beginning to become too hard to find weed around my area. So why not grow my own weed??

Being the pothead that I am, growing and being able to successfully yield some good crop would be great!

so I have began growing indoors as of Saturday.I have a rather huge closet in my apartment that isn't being used and will be the site for my growing.

Walls are all white, lots of room.

I began germinating 7 of some seeds I had, using the paper towel technique and have successfully germinated two so far that have sprouted. Their sprouts are all about a 1/4 of an inch now so I put them in the soil to get them going. I put them in red solo cups filled with my soil mixture with slits in the bottom and placed them on a tray that I could add water to.

The soil mixture i'm using is miracle-gro organic and perlite (30%)

I put the seeds in , root down and have placed them under the lights.
    this is where i'm a little confused.

Currently I have two of these WALMART grow lights I found, both 75watts each and a 60watt CFL. Is that enough light for the two plants at this stage or do i need more? will I need to increase the wattage as the plants mature?

I have also done research and some people say that Miracle gro organic soil is not good, and others say it's perfectly fine as long as you don't over water. Can anyone that has used it with good results tell me how much I should initially water and how often should I water after that??

I know that I'm a complete noob. I just need some help and guidance so I can get a hang of this and not screw it up. :smoke:

thanks guys.

2. generally you want 100 watts initially and then 50 more per plant

i used 200 watts on a single plant and it worked great

3. thanks!!