My First Grow Diary

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bozie, May 30, 2013.

1. Temps :- 80f - 26c

Flowering day :- 6

1372015874919.jpg been doing some research and there was a write up that said you don't have to tie a plant down just pull it everyday in the direction you want it to go so trying that as its less stressful (not to sure on it). Also had some height growth overnight as well.

1372016093903.jpg 1372016109786.jpg I'm not to sure to be fair on sex yet. I have this uncontrollable feeling its a fem but I don't know. Probably just wishing.

2. Awesome!!!  I like the filter.  I caved and bought a 4''x8'' Phresh filter and built a box for it. It too works like a charm,  but, was probably 10 times what I would have spent if I built one.   Just didnt know if I could trust regular filter carbon.  Yours looks great!!

3. PS...  This looks VERY much like female "parts"  I am almost 100% sure its a girl!!!!  Congrats!!!! :hello:
    View attachment 4582

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjUf9E-HE4M

at 1:08 in this video you can see that the circled spot on the picture shows female parts developing right before she puts off the tell tale white hairs.  so like I said.....  I'm pretty freakin sure!

5. oh and on the lst training...   if your not going to go full SCROG,  which I totally understand why someone might not,  get some string made of natural fiber (Twine, cotton,  etc, loop it around the main stem you want to train just once.  and loosely.  Just run the other end of the string under the pot.  the weight of the plant and soil will keep it in place.  Although I can see where bending and holding for however long might do something,  I wouldn't waste your time.  While the plant is vegging,  it's branches are still not very fiberous yet because they are still growing.  what ever you get it bent over,  it's just going to stand up again.  Plants use gravity and light to tell them where to grow what. Period.  So I would maybe bend it over a little each day, if your worried about doing it all at once.  regardless....  you want to do this to get light on any under growth and promote any internodal growth to form main cola stems.  You still have some time before all of this.  I would just leave them alone for a week and let them grow with regular food/water.  

6. Thank you for the advice I'm gonna be looking at that video later on for sure. Much kudos to you my friend and thank you for you help.

I've got some wool would that be ok

7. I see what you mean

Not bad for a bagseed

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

8. looking awesome bozie !! your a helluva dad!! pretty funny you said in a much earlier post your wife holds all the money .. your wife and my wife must be sisters because she holds all I mean down to the penny of my money !!! lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Temps :- 80f - 26c

Flowering day :- 7

1372099575930.jpg sorry about the picture I'm using my phone camera. If it is female the pistels are not coming through, although one of these nobly bits ended up throwing out a very small 3 finger leaf.

1372099873396.jpg as you can see I've started my lst again and most tops are now all the same height 1372099977021.jpg as you can see one is slightly higher than the rest and ill be pinning it down tomorrow to get it to the right height, just want it to get a bit more light on its own to get a little stronger.

Smell when I open the door is like a brick in the face lol very nice smell very citrusy very fruity. Not really skunky smell to it.

10. Looking awsome man!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Any news yet?

12. Temps :- 78f - 25c

Flowering day :- 8

Starting to get a little worried as the bit what I thought where gonna throw out pistils have turned into leaves 1372184308858.jpg 1372184371396.jpg from what I've read males tend to spring first within 5-7 days so although no sign of sex is show I'm slightly assured its possibly female.

1372184520389.jpg 1372184536157.jpg sorry for bad pictures but as you can see I've lstd it and this is going to be how it stays now. All tops are of equal (ish) height, well all the main ones anyway.

1372184824632.jpg and this is my new toy from Dubai my mate bought back (he lives there). So I'm thinking might have to load it up sheesha style when I harvest (if I harvest).

Peace out people

13. Man still looking good !! I hope its a female .. I'm going to be disappointed if it isn't

14. Looking good!!   I still think It's Female.  Nice Job on the LST.  The Plants will bend with relative ease.  How's it working out so far?

15. Temps :- 85f - 29c (warm day)

Flowering day :- 9

1372284273282.jpg not sure if you can tell but I have 6 tops all of which are roughly the same height.
    Growth seems to have slowed but I assume that would be due to lst.
    1372284473656.jpg I've had to do some trimming due to these leaves being sooo huge. Anything under these just got no light at all. Didn't want to cut them but sometimes you just gotta do it.
    The kind lady who lives next door is a big gardener and loves her plants and lent me a Ph tester for my tomato plant soil and my tree in my front yard. Would have been rude not to have tested my babies soil level. So before I did it I was a little worried I've gone from start to finish without testing once so was expecting some worrying results. Now its done I'm so relieved as my Ph is 6.7. I've also tested my tap water and that coming out at 6.9 and my fishtank water came out at 6.5, so which ever I use I think ill be fine.

I would recommend a Ph tester to anyone, mainly for peace of mine. But healthy plants as well. I just got lucky don't risk it.

16. To be honest now all my tops are about the same heigh, I'm feeling better about light penetration. As shown in the update above I've also had to chop 2 of the huge leaves off as well as they were covering lower branches. Now I've almost got full light penetration. With using cfls its hard to get good light coverage due to the low lumens produced by these kind of bulbs. Might have to pull my strings a little more soon but will see how it goes.

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

17. Temps :- 83f - 28c

Flowering day :- 10

1372359891635.jpg doesn't seem to be much happening at all to be fair no real growth no signs of sex all the little bit I'm expecting pistils to come from end up being leaves. 1372360022072.jpg as you can see yet more leaves.

On the plus side its becoming really stinky. Still a little disheartened that no sex is show but from what I understand fems can take almost 2 weeks sometimes longer. If it keeps up I might have to lower light cycle down to 10/14 slowly to fool the plant into survival mode and thinking winter is closing in.

18. It will most likely take longer since you are using CFL's.  I have a 400w HPS/MH ....  so when I switched to 12/12, the girls spit out pistils in 4 days.  Might be that you need more light or just wait it out.  Still think it's Fem though!!!  haha

19. Think more cfls are needed to be fair might try and get another one today.

20. Temps :- 80f - 26c

Flowering day :- 11

1372443947103.jpg had to adjust my lights up a little more grown a little overnight but still no sexual orientation yet just gotta play the waiting game I'm guessing

1372444081499.jpg that little bit you see on the node seems to be nothing more that another leaf but I will keep update on this

1372444152335.jpg bit of a strange one but has anyone seen this before 2 extra leaves growing after the leaf has fully developed???