My first grow! But a few Q's.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Good Thoughts, Dec 1, 2010.

1. So i want to start planning for my very first grow, and i am truely happy. Yet i am a big time beginner.

I plan to grow outdoors, and i plan on trying to grow Mighty Mite x Ruderalis (Outdoor) and i plan to only buy 10 seeds.

My first question is if i buy ten seeds, what are the ratio to Male/Female?

Second, how early can i tell the difference between male and female plants? I plan to discard of the males as soon as i can tell which is which.

Third, how early can i plants these? I need to harvest in early September, and i was planning on planting in March, good idea?

Thank you in advance for the help. :smoke:

2. If you are planting a Auto Flowering (ruderalis) plant, it really shouldn't matter when you plant. As long as it's warm and sunny. Ruderalis auto flower.. so between 60-90 after sprout you will harvest. The good thing about auto's is that they are easy.. and just flower after time not a light cycle. But they don't yeild very much. I have a couple of Auto Blueberry going right now.. and it is growing fast.. but I can tell it's going to be short.

Grow something that grows big as hell.. not an auto flowering strain. Plant in may.. and it should get huge as fuck by sept/oct when the days get short and she will flower.

Also.. if you are worried about males. Buy femanized seeds. That should cut down on the likelyhood of males.

3. you should go with feminzied seeds. but otherwise count on a 50/50 male female. I know some of the more experienced growers on here say to put a banana peel in a bag with non femd seeds and it is supposed to increase the amount of females. Not sure if there is any science behind it but why not do it anyway lol