My First Grow! Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Diesel, Critical X Kali Mist - Soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Skankster, Aug 6, 2012.

1. I was thinking about doing such a thing as well, for winter time as its 38* outside right now. Would love to see a write up for that Jake. :hello:

2. JJ, TeSMP,

This buds for you...[​IMG]

I have a bunch of them that size

3. Fucking NICE bro :hello:
    OMG just think what you could have done with a controlled environment :eek:

Nice job!!

:wave:

4. Thanks JJ,
    That's the Sour D. Really good yield. Yea the right environment could produce a lot I think. Those buds are dense as fuck.

5. #445 jakesterjammin, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    Well how dense is fuck :confused_2:
    Cause if it's to dense, ya can't get your wee-wee in... :eek:

:poke:

Ya bro, people ask me all the time how I get such large yields and buds...
    I honestly cannot point to one thing, maybe it's my attention to detail, because if I'm not running Co2 and my chamber temp
    is 80F, I'm freaking out, and on working on a solution... lol

But I can say for sure, get that chamber's environment under your control, and the grow will go so well, it's almost boring... ;)
    Then when you chop, you're fucking bitching cause you have to process so much fucking weed.... LMFAO :D

6. Skankster check this out...........

Right now I'm running JUST a HydroGen Pro which puts out between 12K and 36K BTU of heat...
    The HydroGen Pro does between 15 and 45 CFH (cubic ft per hr.)....
    I have the dial set a little off the lowest setting, so I'm thinking it's putting out about 16-18,000 BTU of heat...

OK, a HID "bulb" puts out 3.41 BTU per watt....
    So a 600w MH or HPS generates about 2,050 BTU of heat and a 1000w of HID produces of course 3,410 BTU....

Now, back to my HydroGen Pro.........
    On the lowest setting it's generating about 12K BTU of heat....
    Right now it's being cooled by a 55gal res in the basement that has an external pump......

OK, so the basement ground temp (res setting on concrete) is about 60-65F....
    So the 55gal starts the 12hr cycle between 60-65f, by the end of the 12hr cycle the res is about 70-75....

With that being said, I see NO problem using a 5K A/C or chiller conversion to handle 3,500 BTU of heat....
    But, I'm not 100% convinced the conversion I did is the best approach to a fast chill down....

Check this out.....................
    and pause the video about the 2 minute mark..................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gSQ_nKgdg]Chillking basic chiller and water-cooled air handler installation - YouTube[/ame]

OK, you see the 55gal drum they are using, and see the sheet metal 3-4" tall box setting on the drum, with the hoses going to it??
    That's where they have the A/C's evap, but as opposed to standing up, it's laying flat inside that sheet metal box....

What's happening is they are returning the hot water and dumping it right on that evap, which chills the water rapidly due to the better water to evap contact, meaning by doing this they are getting more water in direct contact with the evap...

Then it simply flows back into the drum and why they have it setting on top of it like that............

Now, you can take an A/c, do the JJ conversion, BUT I would suggest not use the cooler res which I used...

I would suggest you get a 1/4" to 3/8" tubing bender ($15 bucks on fleabay), and make the evap lay flat...
    Then simply take 2 pieces of sheet metal (about the width of the drum), bend the two ends up about 4-6", and then simply silicone the corners to seal it from leaks.... Then drum side fold the end down lower than the other 3 sides, so the water flows back into the res after it's run across the evap.......

Matter fact, you could have the chiller hook onto the lip of the drum, then simply make some legs to support the backside...
    Just screw some hooks into the bottom of the chiller's thick metal base to hook onto the res's lip.... ;)
    I think that would be your best approach bro.....

7. wow! those turned out great! Good job!!

8. #448 4ddiction, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    This is interesting! Since ill be doing the same next grow. So instead of having the evap fans sitting in the water cooler, it is parallel to the floors and the hot water hoses are just releasing water on it? Just making sure so i can get a picture in my head.

Mind drawing up a schematic picture to make things easier?

9. Ya, and I would not put it past them to have a manifold in there so water is simply not dumped in a 1-1/4" spot, by dispersed through four or five 3/4" spouts....

Again, the more water you can get in DIRECT contact with the evap, the better heat transfer you will get...

10. genius. Just need to figure out what is big enough to house the evap unit parallel to the floor. Def waiting to see what you draw up!!

11. My harvests have already been a pain in the ass, but I can't wait until they are a royal pain in the ass as I'm sure yours are. Funny shit! I'm deffinately gona dial shit in.

12. I'm blown away by these options, I really had no idea. I need a minute to digest all this info.the crazy thing is that its all pretty basic, It's really cool having a people like you that can explain all that. I can understand how this is all going to work, and I'm super excited! I will deffinately be asking a lot of questions, and I really appriciate you takin the time to think abou this and to explain it so well. This is going to not only alleviate some serious environment issues, it is a very efficient way to fix my environmental issues

13. Thanks Bro, it's gona get a lot better, and way more efficient. I got enough weed to last me a while. I am going to focus on setting things up right. I want it all, Co2 and everything to make the perfect environment. Now I know it's not out o my reach. I love this shit already. It will be so cool to do it right.

14. Sour D smoke report...

Took one hit and was very medicated , the smoke was smooth sour at first and a then a fuel taste on exhale. All of the other weed that I grew critical Kali mist, diesel, and bubba kush are good two hit weed, the Sour D is a one hit smoke very potent hits you in the face and then all of your pain is just gone. The high lasts a good 4 hours. Slept great.