My first grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Phillp, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Greetings,

I have a PC box where I'm growing (hopefully) a female. I´m already in the first month of growing, but I've had some problems that almost killed my Mary :confused: I have no ph test so do not know what the origin of the trouble. Anyhow I did a transplant to another vase, changed the soil and added a kind of gel on the middle of the soil which say to improve the quality of water for the plant and looks like its true! The plant is better, but still not quite right. My grow has the following characteristics:

Lighting: two 15W CFL (75W) and more still coming when flowering
    Ventilation: 2 PC fans, one to extract
    Water: Tap
    Seeds: Unknown
    Fertilizer used: Nutes for flowers (N 7% P 3%, K 20% 10% Ca)
    Soil Used: Composite Universal Agrosil and perlite
    Photos of Cultivation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The seed came from a hermaphrodite weed that my friend bought, so can someone tell me what kind of weed might this be? It would be better to water with bottled water instead? Feel free to say what you think of it and if you have any advice it would be most welcome:p

Good smokes to everyone:smoke:

2. Thanks man! Yeah this is my first attempt, and I'm just testing the installation, after I finish this I would probably invest in some nice seeds! Does anybody have a guess about the kind of weed??

3. Yo dude its kinda hard to tell you what kinda weed that is. Lets just call it bagseed. But it looks like it might be hybrid leaning more on the indica side w/short internodes it has.

You def need a ph test kit b4 you start flowering. I found the gh ph test kit works pretty good. And its pretty cheap. $20-and u get test kitand ph up&down.

But plant looks good. I would put both fans as exhaust and use passive intake, if temps get above 85 deg. Just my .02!!!! Holla

4. Here are some photos of the advances till day 37. Hope you like it and be free to comment them ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hey ya!

This is not going so well. Does anybody knows whats going on with my plant? I think it needs mg and P, what do you think? My ph is around 6,3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. #7 Uptalk, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    How often are you watering with nutrients, and are you allowing the tap water to sit out?

7. #8 RO76, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  8. Yup I'm learning the hard way that I really need good nutes..I'm using bottled water (ph 6.3), watering only when the soil is quite dry with some universal fertilizers, but I think its no good.. what kind of fertilizers should I use? do you know any shops that ship to europe cheap?

9. do u have drain holes in your pot?

10. yes i do

11. The plant has around 55 days, I'm watering with bottled water it has 6.3 ph (in the beginning I used tap water and leaving 24h resting to evaporate the chlorine, but still caused problems). The pot has around 3 L. I water around 200ml and only when the soil is dry up to the size of my fingertip, I water in average 3 in 3 days. Any guess why my plant is dying?

12. Looks like I was overferting, I'm just watering with tap water now and its doing fine, here are some photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]